Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
like oem lip one? its hard AND you will have holes.

first you take off the trunk liner. there should be like a couple bolts? handful of clips.

sorry for the vague description i don't remember how i did it before.

·
Registered
925 Posts
if it's the entire lid, it's pretty simple.... i'm assuming you're swapping out the stock lid for a CF one or something?

first, take off the liner and the plastic covers that go over the "arms" that hold onto the trunk lid

next take out the inner trunk lights

then unscrew the part that holds onto the trunk bar over your license plate lights. there are two screws on either side, then pop off the rest. the lights will then be loose and you can move them out of the way.

after that, just take everything else apart (the locking mechanism and flourescent trunk release handle)) and remember how it all fits together, because you'll have to put it back together again later.

then unbolt the 4 bolts on the arm and take the lid off

then reassemble!!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if it's the entire lid, it's pretty simple.... i'm assuming you're swapping out the stock lid for a CF one or something?

first, take off the liner and the plastic covers that go over the "arms" that hold onto the trunk lid

next take out the inner trunk lights

then unscrew the part that holds onto the trunk bar over your license plate lights. there are two screws on either side, then pop off the rest. the lights will then be loose and you can move them out of the way.

after that, just take everything else apart (the locking mechanism and flourescent trunk release handle)) and remember how it all fits together, because you'll have to put it back together again later.

then unbolt the 4 bolts on the arm and take the lid off

then reassemble!!

thx alot. yea i am sawapping it. any pictures for this process? if so thats great let me know thx

·
Registered
925 Posts
sorry, i didn't think to take any pix when i swapped my trunk out, sorry. but like i said, just take it apart and remember what you did so you can put it back together again. one easy thing to do is that once you take something off the stock trunk, make sure you put it on the CF trunk right away, that way you remember how it went on and you don't lose any parts...the tricky part will be when you have to get the metal wire with the ball at the end which is part of the trunk release mechanism off, just take the main part off the trunk so you have some slack to work with and then you'll be able to take the wire and ball off. you'll know what i'm talking about when you get to that part...

·
Registered
2 Posts
sorry, i didn't think to take any pix when i swapped my trunk out, sorry. but like i said, just take it apart and remember what you did so you can put it back together again. one easy thing to do is that once you take something off the stock trunk, make sure you put it on the CF trunk right away, that way you remember how it went on and you don't lose any parts...the tricky part will be when you have to get the metal wire with the ball at the end which is part of the trunk release mechanism off, just take the main part off the trunk so you have some slack to work with and then you'll be able to take the wire and ball off. you'll know what i'm talking about when you get to that part...
Fairly new to is200/300s. Been following this pretty well but I got the ball on the wire part and can't for the life of me figure out how to free the wire. Could you give some further details?

Cheers mate

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
1,749 Posts
Fairly new to is200/300s. Been following this pretty well but I got the ball on the wire part and can't for the life of me figure out how to free the wire. Could you give some further details?

Cheers mate
This thread is extremely old. If I removed a trunk on an IS I would help you out but I am sure that after 14 years these guys aren’t messing with the trunk anymore. You can try making a new thread or searching a little more for more information on the forum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This thread is extremely old. If I removed a trunk on an IS I would help you out but I am sure that after 14 years these guys aren’t messing with the trunk anymore. You can try making a new thread or searching a little more for more information on the forum.
All good figured it out. I can post some pictures of disassembly here or do you reckon I just make a new thread and go from there

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
1,749 Posts
Honestly
All good figured it out. I can post some pictures of disassembly here or do you reckon I just make a new thread and go from there
I am not a moderator here. I would say that here is ok but I don’t want to tell you anything wrong either. Maybe if you have more information on how to remove the trunk as a process, you could post a new thread that would be helpful I suppose.

·
4,789 Posts
Honestly

I am not a moderator here. I would say that here is ok but I don’t want to tell you anything wrong either. Maybe if you have more information on how to remove the trunk as a process, you could post a new thread that would be helpful I suppose.
Here would be fine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts