Lexus IS Forum banner

101 - 104 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
7,236 Posts
Question... I've ran this mod on both my 01' and now my 05' but I notice that I'm burning out bulbs like crazy this time around. I run both my DRL's and fogs during the day and obviously at night the fogs are on as well. So yeah, they're on all the time I drive but I never had this problem in my 01' and I'm not doing anything different. Could it be that the H3 bulbs are just weaker than the 9006? Should I increase my fuse even though that isn't burning out?

·
Registered
277 Posts
So is this method
and this method http://my.is/forums/f90/how-alternate-stand-alone-fog-light-mod-method-pics-356605/

the exact same thing!? How are they different?
Soooo using the add-a-circuit method to the ignition...even if the fuse is blown, the car will still start?
The fogs will be off when the car is off....same thing for each position, like off/city/lows?

What about putting the add-a-circuit on the cigarette lighter fuse on the other side of the car? Would there be any cons with doing that....other than a long long wire?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Would anyone clarify this up for me?

If I only want to use 1 wire to do this mod. I have to bend the 1 pin on the fog relay and use the add-a-circuit

If I don't want to bend the pin on the fog relay...Then I need that 1 longer extended cable with the add-a-circuit, and 3 shorter cables?

Add-a-circuit goes into the ignition 7.5amp fuse on the passenger kick panel. This will result in the car starting even with the fuse blown?

The female quick disconnects I purchased are rather small. They don't clamp in all the way.maybe 1/3 of the way in....should I use these or not?

101 - 104 of 104 Posts