Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got my plates today, took off the temprary registration and now i got some sticker remains on my windshield, is there any way i can get this off? i know alcohol and acetone will do the job but will these chemicals discolor the glass?

on a different note, i was thinking about getting a dash cover or maybe get it carbon fibered or brished aluminum, im talking about the black plastic on top cuz it gets dust really easy and maybe a black leather dash cover would be nice, but would it effect the function of the daylight and heat sensors (two domes)? even if theres a cutout for them, it would cover soem of the base, no?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've tried this before, for the exact same reason, and it worked quite nicely.
just take a razor blade and scrape it off. It comes off clean and easy. I would stay away from chemicals......we don't want to take a chance of touching our nice dash and hazing the crap out it. try it, let me know how it worked.

------------------
If you can leave black marks from the exit point of one turn, to the breaking point of the next, then, and only then do you have enough horsepower.

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
I use Goo Gone to remove sticker gunk, and it works pretty well. I don't know if it'll cause hazing though. I do know that Goo Gone has petroleum-based chemicals and citric acid (or something like that...it smells like some sort of citrus fruit).

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
that's the stuff. works like a champ.

Originally posted by JW:
I use Goo Gone to remove sticker gunk, and it works pretty well. I don't know if it'll cause hazing though. I do know that Goo Gone has petroleum-based chemicals and citric acid (or something like that...it smells like some sort of citrus fruit).

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks a lot for the quick responses, I'll try the razor blade since i don't get this problem often. I'll keep Goo Gone in my mind so when i do find myself needing to remove sticker gunk more often, i'll know what to get. thanks agian.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Yep - razor blades and goo gone - those are my tools too...

If those fail then I resort to Berryman Carburetor cleaner... Nasty stuff but it melts gunk/grime real well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts