1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
pry up gently

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
you mean the part that covers the edge of the carpet? i reach my hand into the middle portion of it, then pull upward. also loosen the kick panel first, it's better if you remove the kick panel and the door moulding together, then separate them.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
irv_usc said:
you mean the part that covers the edge of the carpet? i reach my hand into the middle portion of it, then pull upward. also loosen the kick panel first, it's better if you remove the kick panel and the door moulding together, then separate them.

Sorry guys but what i meant was the door sill because i'm planning to replace them with this TTE door silllight up in blue..

Here is the link from Carson Toyota website:

http://www.l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=511

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Those things are sharp, rather have other things but would love those!! And i have no clue how to take out the factory ones :confused: Good luck, and post some pics!!!!!

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have never taken mine's out but from all the cars I have had in the past that I usually have taken the sills out usually to reroute wires for electronics mounted in the trunk. The way to go is that they pop out, carefully pull them out, they are held in place by plastic fasteners just like door panels

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
babylexedd said:
I have never taken mine's out but from all the cars I have had in the past that I usually have taken the sills out usually to reroute wires for electronics mounted in the trunk. The way to go is that they pop out, carefully pull them out, they are held in place by plastic fasteners just like door panels

yeah I did my old car with a small flat tip

1 - 11 of 11 Posts