Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How to remove the stock radio has been covered many times before but never have i seen a tutorial on how to remove it for people who have the OEM NAV. My CD changer has 2 CDs jammed in the first slot and i wanted to take out the CDs. How can I take out my radio? THanks

·
8,827 Posts
I think the main difference is that instead of the "lint collector" tray, the Nav has a little plastic cover that is right in front of the screen when it is closed, that covers up screws holding the whole assembly in place. Once the screws are removed, it should be just a matter of pulling the screen with vents off.

*Disclaimer:
Proceed at your own risk. Information provided has not been verified.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
vlad_a said:
I think the main difference is that instead of the "lint collector" tray, the Nav has a little plastic cover that is right in front of the screen when it is closed, that covers up screws holding the whole assembly in place. Once the screws are removed, it should be just a matter of pulling the screen with vents off.

*Disclaimer:
Proceed at your own risk. Information provided has not been verified.
yah what vlad said. use a thin flathead to remove the screw cover plate. remove the two bolts then its the same as the ones w/o nav.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.