Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I had to remove a portion of 3m clear bra from my car's front bumper.

There is some sticky residue left on the bumper. What is the best way to safely remove this?

Thanks,
-Oleg.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. I just wanted to double check before I try any of the above mentioned products. I do not want to destroy my paint...

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
When I changed to my BP emblems, I used De-Solv-It and Windex to clean everything off before adhering the new emblems.

De-Solv-It works awesome, better than Goo Gone simply because it's not as syrupy and it comes in a spray bottle (even though it's wiser to spray it on a paper towel and wipe with that). It also had a GOOD smelling citrus scent, Goo Gone smells nasty sometimes.

I used it to get some crud off my windows too. I went to an automatic car wash (which fucked my rims up! Never went again, and I never will again, in any car, auto washes SUCK!) and the spray on "wax" they use fucked up my windows. It left these seemingly impossible-to-remove dots all over the window. NOTHING would take it off, not Citrucal, not Goo-Gone, not Windex, not Simple Green. De-Solve-It took it off with a single application, I just had to let it sit for 5 minutes and it all came off.

Just spray a little on a papwer towel, wipe it on whatever's dirty, and wipe it off with a clean towel. If it doesn't work, spray more and let it sit for a few minutes. Then use Windex or water with vinegar to clean off the De-Solv-It because it is petrolium based, and it will leave a film if you don't clean it off.

It does not destroy paint either. Before I clayed my whole car, the areas I had cleaned with De-Solv-It when I changed my emblems were noticably cleaner and shinier than the areas I hadn't touched on the trunk.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
we all know the IS is a dope car but damn keept it in ya pants.

just be carefull with someof those solvents they will eat the paint right off. i had some glue on my tv and used some googone and it destroyed the side of my tv.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.