Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, what should i use to remove my UGO roof spoiler and by the way
the roof spoiler was installed using a 3M tape so what's the best method to remove it..

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
- I say just rip it off :chill:

·
Registered
6,231 Posts
yeah... what he ^^^ said.

it's just tape. pull it off.

If you want to be really careful.. remove it the same way you would remove the emblems... heatgun (preferably a hair dryer) and some fishing line. :chill:

·
Premium Member
14,416 Posts
spider wire and attach around the spoiler, attach the spider wire to a truck and have them gun it!

works on all my emblems and even my rear bumber when i couldn't figure it out on getting it off.

David

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
I used detal floss, and a lot of it. shit kept breaking.

Or you could try Dave's method, haha, crazy fuk!

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
is300soon said:
spider wire and attach around the spoiler, attach the spider wire to a truck and have them gun it!

works on all my emblems and even my rear bumber when i couldn't figure it out on getting it off.

David
if your serious about the bumper, you might have had the smae problem as me. All you need to do is remove the plastic piece on the opening of the trunk, then there are 4 screws that youll need deep sockets to reach. Pretty simple actually, just gotta dig around and find all the attachment points.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
sherwing2000 said:
Guys, what should i use to remove my UGO roof spoiler and by the way
the roof spoiler was installed using a 3M tape so what's the best method to remove it..
Sherwing.. heat up the seam between the spoiler and glass with a hair dryer and use a heavy gauge piece of fishing line.

Thats how i removed my spoiler. Good Luck

·
Premium Member
14,416 Posts
BUTRBALL12 said:
is300soon said:

David
if your serious about the bumper, you might have had the smae problem as me. All you need to do is remove the plastic piece on the opening of the trunk, then there are 4 screws that youll need deep sockets to reach. Pretty simple actually, just gotta dig around and find all the attachment points.
DAMN 3 bumpers later and now someone tells me this, im sick and tired of having to buy new bumpers and get the painted and put on, JUST to change my exhaust!

David

1 - 8 of 8 Posts