Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
You could also get a garden hose, poke holes along a section and then turn that on and let it rinse the undercarriage. Of course, you shouldn't really plan on using this hose for much else.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Originally posted by cardinal_creek:
Scott, Surprised that you didn't suggest to Chromaplast that he move to Hawaii! Then all he would have to worry about is salt water
Yeah, cuz I don't even know about winter road salts...WTF is that anyway?
Don't need none of that stuff here. Just remember to wash the car when you take it for a day at the beach!

·
11,061 Posts
First you undercoat, then you wash, then wax, then put on more wax. Then wash twice a week all winter long. That's one good reason NOT to live somewhere where they salt the roads. (I lived in Chicago for a few years and that does EAT your car alive.)

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll wash every other day.. that's going cost me about 24 bucks a week... ouch

I can't afford that, i am a poor college student.

ERICK, would you like to donate some money to chroma charity for poor college students with IS300?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Does the salt ever dry on your car? If so is it hard to get off with soap. I've got a trick, use vinegar. Put vinegar in a spray bottle and spray it on your car, Yes on your car. Then wipe off with a wet rag and wash as normal. The vinegar takes the salt right off and will not hurt the finish. I use it on multi-million dollar yachts, and it works great. Try it some time and let me know how it works.

------------------
que la chingada!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts