Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully this is the right area for this. I took a Jeg's shift light, removed the provided LED and remote mounted a strip LED into the the stock gauge cluster. After some experimentation with placement I came up with a set up that I liked. The shift light is now integrated into the factory speedo.

Reactions: TobiasSing

·
3,946 Posts
Pretty easy stuff. You can get RPM activated switches to trigger relays to do that also. But nice vid.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pretty easy stuff. You can get RPM activated switches to trigger relays to do that also. But nice vid.
I had considered it. The last shift light set up I had was blinding at night. This one has a 12v input (from headlights) that will auto dim the LED when activated.

·
Registered
378 Posts
What do you have to do to connect it to the car, and what allows it to detect rpm - how accurate too? Thanks!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What do you have to do to connect it to the car, and what allows it to detect rpm - how accurate too? Thanks!
There is a tach signal at the ignitor, it's a black wire I believe. Do a quick search you should find what you need. The shift light is fully programmable & can read a number of different signals (LS in my case) in order to be dialed in accordingly.

·
Registered
378 Posts
There is a tach signal at the ignitor, it's a black wire I believe. Do a quick search you should find what you need. The shift light is fully programmable & can read a number of different signals (LS in my case) in order to be dialed in accordingly.
Okay, Im not good at electrical, what is the igniter, and what is the LS?

·
Registered
864 Posts
what is the igniter, and what is the LS?
Igniter is the ignition amplifier, takes the spark triggers from the ecu and turns up the power and sends it to the appropriate cylinder in the firing order.

An LS is a certain generation of V8 GM engines that has been swapped into everything because it is plentiful, reliable, and, despite being a pushrod engine it is very powerful. Weighs less than a JZ, too.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Igniter is the ignition amplifier, takes the spark triggers from the ecu and turns up the power and sends it to the appropriate cylinder in the firing order.

View attachment 137395

An LS is a certain generation of V8 GM engines that has been swapped into everything because it is plentiful, reliable, and, despite being a pushrod engine it is very powerful. Weighs less than a JZ, too.
Cool thanks!!!!!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts