Lexus IS Forum banner

81 - 98 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
. I'm stuck , I have a 2003 is300 and I'm doing the 98 aristo swap 2jzgte with out the mobilizer . The engine is in now and it has the aristo engine harness and aristo ecu, the problem I am having is the 3 connectors that the engine harness have connect perfectly to the ecu but the last 2 connectors don't fit my stock is300 body harness . I been trying to find pin out and help for the past 3 months and nothing . If I get a custom harness from tweaked do I also sent him my body harness as well?, I know I sent him the aristo and stock is300, but about the last 2 plugs on the body harness ? How will they connect to the aristo ecu if they didn't fit before Please let me know .

·
Registered
73 Posts
Just want some clarification. My IS is factory 5spd. I am planning on the aristo swap just need some info. Can I use the IS engine harness on the aristo motor? So I don't have to do any type splicing, and run the IS ecu with a standalone?

Did you get a answer? I am planning on doing the samething

·
Registered
151 Posts
hello everyone, i have read about 70 pages with this treads started as far as 2009 between yesterday and today and previously have been hunting this forums quite some time already since an is300 has always been a Dream to me come true. I am ASE certified tech with good shop experience so i am inclined towards this and have finally purchased a beautiful IS300 with engine issues (possible blown head gasket ) among other concerns. I plan on just going in with the aritzo engine swap. After reading this thread and all other related threads on the swap i would like to clarify again this swap can be done or has been done as this thread states only using:
GTE engine,
GTE 4speed Transmission
GTE ECU (it have to be w/o inmobilizer? is this found depending on who is selling me the engine? or is this a mod?)
GTE/GE harness Frankenstein Mixture
GTE Maf ( does it have to be relocated close to the Throttle body? does not specify in this thread or i missed it? )

And No PIGGY BACK NEEDED ?? no AEM standalone?? no EMANAGE?? And this will work? as in just reliable every day driving? KEEPING all STOCK twins ALL stock?
And last i see the thread is based on keeping the 4spd GTE auto transmission ( any lack on the 4speed compared to the GE stock IS 5speed experienced betwwen those two? just curious i am following every single part used in this thread and AMAZING info BTW )

thank you in advance for any response is HIGHLY appreciated!!! I am sorry if i am asking the same old song my head feels like wants to blow up a little from so much info

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
hello everyone, i have read about 70 pages with this treads started as far as 2009 between yesterday and today and previously have been hunting this forums quite some time already since an is300 has always been a Dream to me come true. I am ASE certified tech with good shop experience so i am inclined towards this and have finally purchased a beautiful IS300 with engine issues (possible blown head gasket ) among other concerns. I plan on just going in with the aritzo engine swap. After reading this thread and all other related threads on the swap i would like to clarify again this swap can be done or has been done as this thread states only using:
GTE engine,
GTE 4speed Transmission
GTE ECU (it have to be w/o inmobilizer? is this found depending on who is selling me the engine? or is this a mod?)
GTE/GE harness Frankenstein Mixture
GTE Maf ( does it have to be relocated close to the Throttle body? does not specify in this thread or i missed it? )

And No PIGGY BACK NEEDED ?? no AEM standalone?? no EMANAGE?? And this will work? as in just reliable every day driving? KEEPING all STOCK twins ALL stock?
And last i see the thread is based on keeping the 4spd GTE auto transmission ( any lack on the 4speed compared to the GE stock IS 5speed experienced betwwen those two? just curious i am following every single part used in this thread and AMAZING info BTW )

thank you in advance for any response is HIGHLY appreciated!!! I am sorry if i am asking the same old song my head feels like wants to blow up a little from so much info
Yes, your described setup is exactly the way mine is. the ECU part number should be in this thread. It's not a mod but a specific ECU from the factory. it should have 5 connections on it and NOT 6. The one with 6 has the immobilizer. But please check the part number to be sure.

If you are running with the GTE ECU (Aristo to be more specific) the MAF will be on the factory location on the charge pipe, right after the air filter before the turbos. No piggy back is needed if you are going to run stock. Turn the key and go. The wiring harness will need to be merged. I sent mine to Dr. Tweak. Contact them for more info i you decide to go that way.

As for the transmission. The Aristo ECU will NOT control the IS 5sp transmission. So you have to use the Aristo one. Unless you are talking about the manual transmission. it will work but you'll need to do some modification for the lights etc etc. Dr. Tweak should be able to integrate that in the harness but you might want to let them know what setup your planning.

Again, if running stock, you should expect the water temp gauge to NOT work, fuel gauge will be off a bit, e-shift (on 4sp auto) will work but won't show indicator on the instrument cluster.

Best of luck on your swap. Glad the info was helpful.

·
Registered
151 Posts
thank you and Let me just say WINGZERO people like you guys make the world a better place taking the time to spread the knowledge to others based on trial and error that's just amazing man. thank you again. And last the question on the 4speed GTE transmission VS the GE 5speed transmission is just curiosity in regards if we will feel any lack of performance since having a 4speed instead of 5speed? regardless i would be using exact everything as this thread says

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Nope power is just fine. Gas mileage will probably be lower but other than that, no problems. It will feel kinda weird once it gets to 4th, cuz you'll probably be expecting it to downshift one last time but you'll get used to it.

Just keep in mind, once you do this, you'll lose the ability to read the ECU when the CEL comes on. So troubleshooting will be more difficult. I can tell you I'm planning on moving away from the Aristo ECU back to the IS ECU in a few months. (basically undoing everything i did the 2nd time around LOL)

Thought I'd warn you before you jumped the gun. Basically make sure you understand what your getting yourself into. As for the drive shaft, the measurement should be in the first post but I'd advise you to take your own measurement just to be sure.

And thanks for the kind words. People like you who appreciate what novices like us do make it worth it. I'm by no means an expert at any of this but the more eyes on the prize the more ideas and knowledge spread to make doing a swap like this even better and more accurate. So far I think we've all been pretty good.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If I'd like to do the wiring conversion my self for the body harness, is there a guide some where how to do it or is just to read up on the IS300 and Aristo ECU pin outs and see which goes where. Anyone done this by them selves and give some pointers or did you ran in to any problems?

Do you need to extend the Aristo ECU loom? Usually in RHD cars the wiring loom is shorter than the similar LHD one.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hello guys,

I'm from Chile, and my car is in process of Swap.

Reading some post i found, that the drive shaft of my IS300 don't work on Aristo Transmission, my question is:

There exist a Aftermarket Drive shaft for this?

Or the Drive shaft of Aristo works?

If you guys know about this please i'll be really grateful.

(Sorry for my poor English)

Byee!!
:D
I had a custom driveshaft made by a local shop. they made an adapter flange between transmission flange and a universal yoke.
cost around 500$usd for a 1piece steel driveshaft with the universal ujoint and the adapter flange

·
Registered
87 Posts
If I'd like to do the wiring conversion my self for the body harness, is there a guide some where how to do it or is just to read up on the IS300 and Aristo ECU pin outs and see which goes where. Anyone done this by them selves and give some pointers or did you ran in to any problems?

Do you need to extend the Aristo ECU loom? Usually in RHD cars the wiring loom is shorter than the similar LHD one.

look for wilbo666 2jz on google, you should find all the wiring info you need. My friend used his docs for my swap and everything works like factory beside water temp gauge.

th ewiring does not need to be extended since the ecu is in the engine bay at the same location as the aristo

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guy's im going to buy Brian crower stage 2 cams along with BC cam gears for my internally stock lexus is300. It does have A full exaust & k&n intake. Do you guys know any information on the power I should be gaining or wether or not it's worth the upgrade. total cost of project will be around 1400$ Any ideas or opinions would greatly help thank u

·
Registered
130 Posts
Just to clear things up for myself, aristo harness and ecu can only be used in areas that DONT have emissions correct? Cause no one to date has a way of reading the aristo ecu. Which clearly means most of us have to go is300 ecu, is tranny, is harness with a piggyback

·
Registered
47 Posts
Stock Auto should EASILY hold the power from a stock GTE engine. No problems, provided you perform the VB upgrade and transmission cooler.

ECU is your personal choice, as is the Piggyback. AEM and E-Manage are probably the most popular though. If your car is running just like you want it, don't change the ECU. The only reason I went to Aristo ECU is cuz I just wasn't happy with the way it was running on the stock IS ECU.

when you say you don't like how the car ran with the stock ecu what do you mean by that and what difference did it make when you went to the aristo Ecu?

81 - 98 of 98 Posts