Lexus IS Forum banner

61 - 80 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I need some to clear something up, so the Aristo computer and the stock Is300 body harness. I am pinning over the last two connectors to the aristo connector from the Is300 engine harness but so the 3-4 connectors that are in the body harness you didnt do anything with?? i know there has to be something done with then either the IS300 plugs cut and re pinned to the aristo or visw versra. I'm pretty confused about the body harness part so any input will be a lot of help thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
As for what you lose, that's one of the sections I'm adding but basically, the water temp gauge, traction control, cruise, and yes OBD2 scanning WILL NOT work. I may try to pick up a cheap JOBD scanner and see if that does anything. Also, I'm reading that the paperclip method may work on a JOBD car...I haven't tried it cuz...well I'm not throwing a single CEL :)
Did you have any joy in getting these to work? Not caring about OBD2 but would like to have TC, Temp and cruise control working.

Also do you have a link the the Aristo ECU pinouts and body loom pinouts?

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Cruise control does work. It just only works up to 60 something if i remember correctly. That's a JDM setting that all cars on that side of the pond have (at least in that era). Water most likely won't work, and neither will TC. The water temp gauge has something to do with the MPX unit if i understand correctly. In all honesty I simply have not had much time lately to try to figure it out. I think I will soon though...

Traction Control i think is based on a number of different readings. So there really is no guarantee it will work at all since you have a completely different ECU and so is your MAF (which i think is one of the readings it requires, i could be wrong on that one though) I need to go back and compare what systems use what on both vehicles. That might help but again, just been busy lately. I've posted the Aristo ECU pinouts on this site before..I'll see if i can find them or possibly do a search for posts from me and you can probably find them too.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Cruise control does work. It just only works up to 60 something if i remember correctly. That's a JDM setting that all cars on that side of the pond have (at least in that era). Water most likely won't work, and neither will TC. The water temp gauge has something to do with the MPX unit if i understand correctly. In all honesty I simply have not had much time lately to try to figure it out. I think I will soon though...

Traction Control i think is based on a number of different readings. So there really is no guarantee it will work at all since you have a completely different ECU and so is your MAF (which i think is one of the readings it requires, i could be wrong on that one though) I need to go back and compare what systems use what on both vehicles. That might help but again, just been busy lately. I've posted the Aristo ECU pinouts on this site before..I'll see if i can find them or possibly do a search for posts from me and you can probably find them too.
Yeah, I've decided to use the IS ECU for the body and have ordered the Haltech Sprint 500 to do the business.

Now I just need to find someone in Aus that will upgrade the A650E.
MV Automotive have a great following for the A340E but they are not really doing the 650 yet. Might just ship my valve body to SRT in the interim.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So im done installing the aristo motor on my is300 im wondering how big is the piping of your exhaust is? would it work with a 2.5 inch and how much boost are you running and what AFR are you tuned at? I talked to a tuner and he wanted to run me at a 10.8 AFR is that the correct AFR i should be running at?

·
Registered
628 Posts
I want my cake and to eat it too lol. So is it at all possible to have everything work ie water temp, traction, no cel whatever and keep the stock auto trans? With any ECU or standalone on a JDM motor? How long did the swap take?

·
Registered
494 Posts
I want my cake and to eat it too lol. So is it at all possible to have everything work ie water temp, traction, no cel whatever and keep the stock auto trans? With any ECU or standalone on a JDM motor? How long did the swap take?
Yes but you either have to use the stock IS ECU with a piggyback or use a spliced harness to run both ECUs together. The stock trans can be used with a valve body upgrade and cooler. I think you have to use the stock ECU for that to work properly though

·
Registered
838 Posts

[*]Intake and Exhaust Camshaft Seals (903114002) – you’ll need to remove both pulleys’ to get to these
Would IS300 camshaft seals and oring work? the part number here does not match up with anything that I can find, and the usdm supra camshaft seals part number is also different.

Also I don't see mention of a serpentine drive belt listed, but I know most of the is300 accessories are being used so a IS300 drive belt should be used?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just want some clarification. My IS is factory 5spd. I am planning on the aristo swap just need some info. Can I use the IS engine harness on the aristo motor? So I don't have to do any type splicing, and run the IS ecu with a standalone?

·
Registered
3 Posts
i know this is beaten into the ground but i am going to be doing a 2000 Aristo 2jz-gte vvt-i swap into my 01 is300. to start i am going to keep the motor stock with a 3" turbo back and 3" piping on a fmic, boomslang pnp harness with the greddy e-manage ultimate..... my question is does anyone have a base map that i can use to get my car started till i can get it tuned??????

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello guys,

I'm from Chile, and my car is in process of Swap.

Reading some post i found, that the drive shaft of my IS300 don't work on Aristo Transmission, my question is:

There exist a Aftermarket Drive shaft for this?

Or the Drive shaft of Aristo works?

If you guys know about this please i'll be really grateful.

(Sorry for my poor English)

Byee!!
:D

61 - 80 of 98 Posts