Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Oh I don't expect ANY inspection place to be able to read ANY codes or communicate with this ECU.... It's not like you can ask them to scan it a specific way with a specific machine. The scanner I was referring to was more for troubleshooting only.

Your best bet if this is a problem and you don't have "other methods" to get your sticker would be to stick with the IS ECU.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Unfortunately it all computer recorded. No pass scan no registration.

Given the wantingness to stay as oem as possible, what would you reccomend? Piggy back or something along the lines of a apexi fuel/timing controller?

I would boost the ge, but it leaves the same issue of running the car. Plus the cost of the kit. I just feel better having a purpose built gte in there. Im already running a w58.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Good write up! I may have to make this another PDF if I have time.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Unfortunately it all computer recorded. No pass scan no registration.

Given the wantingness to stay as oem as possible, what would you reccomend? Piggy back or something along the lines of a apexi fuel/timing controller?

I would boost the ge, but it leaves the same issue of running the car. Plus the cost of the kit. I just feel better having a purpose built gte in there. Im already running a w58.
Well if its all computer recorded, your out of luck with the JDM ECU. It WILL NOT talk to their computer....period.

So what I would do if I were you, would be the first way I had mine. GTE, with IS ECU and piggy. If memory serves with the E-Manage, the only CEL I had was for o2 issues, but those are easily defeated. If you are okay boosting the GE, nothing wrong with that...much easier to do and the car will probably feel alot more stock, then do that.

Good write up! I may have to make this another PDF if I have time.
Thanks man, Yea I'm going to convert it from the word doc master once I finish it up. It's almost done. I'll also post a link to the dropbox download when completed. :approve:

·
Registered
69 Posts
So your basically using the Aristo's ECU and obviously the aristos engine?

my car has an Aristo engine, but stock IS300 ecu with a SAFCII (its causing alot of problems)

so I want to change the ecu to the Aristo's one...

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have the 5 speed automatic, I know its weak, but its holding up pretty well, I'm being extra cautious and soft on it.

anyhow, would it be better to get the Aristos ECU? or should I just go with a piggyback?

And which piggyback?

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I have the 5 speed automatic, I know its weak, but its holding up pretty well, I'm being extra cautious and soft on it.

anyhow, would it be better to get the Aristos ECU? or should I just go with a piggyback?

And which piggyback?
Stock Auto should EASILY hold the power from a stock GTE engine. No problems, provided you perform the VB upgrade and transmission cooler.

ECU is your personal choice, as is the Piggyback. AEM and E-Manage are probably the most popular though. If your car is running just like you want it, don't change the ECU. The only reason I went to Aristo ECU is cuz I just wasn't happy with the way it was running on the stock IS ECU.

Intake and Exhaust Camshaft Seals (903114002) – Are you missing a number in this part ID?
I might be....I'll double check. :p

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yea, i was, thanks man. Its just what your title said, so i was just wondering if everything would work like your plan was lol

21 - 40 of 98 Posts