Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK,
This topic will get more interesting when the manual tranny comes out. So we can talk about what rpm to launch and shift at and such.

But with today's automatic IS300, what are the best ways to launch the car? With all the hype of the IS300 and BMW, it seems every BMW wants to challenge me at the light. I know there isn't much you can do because it's an automatic, but I just want the best info on how to properly launch this car without damaging it.

Should I just turn off trac ctrl, and turn on the pwr button and just hit on the gas and hold it down all the way? Or should I pump the gas pedal a little along the way?

No I'm not interesting in torque braking or taking it to neutral then dropping it into drive with the revs up. I don't want to do anything that would harm the tranny.

Would it help if I were to eventually shift into manual and manually control the shift points? Somehow for these short bursts of speed between lights I don't see this eShift helping much. I think it's more for down shifting and overtaking someone on the highway. Also starting off the launch in manual won't work because you start in 2nd gear..correct?

...And no I don't roll up to Mutangs, Camaros, ITRs, Civics, etc, reving my engine looking for a race. It's not an all out drag car. I just like going up against those yuppie, snot faced bimmers, showing them the 3 series isn't all that!

Comments please.....

·
Registered
65 Posts
It should be the same, but on my GS4, to get the best launches possible, turn the power switch on, turn VSC Off, then just floor it. No power braking or anything. The E-shift is nice but it doesn't work to your advantage during a drag.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts