Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning to install the HID kit in my IS, but I have no idea how to take out the cover plastic and the light bulb, did anyone here had done their HID? pic would be help...thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Stay tuned, some of the experienced .netters may supply the 411 soon.

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
Follow the instructions on the HID kit

Have to drill a hole in the dust cap etc...

·
Registered
48 Posts
I already installed the ballast. Next i have to drill a hole on the duct cover and connect all HID kit harness to stock harness.

·
Premium Member
7,619 Posts
Excuse my ignorance for I'm not well versed with the new IS250 & IS350 - - but does it not come with Bi-Xenon HID along with the Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS)??? :confused: :blush:

·
Registered
48 Posts
HID is not standard on IS250 or 350. Not sure drilling the hole on the cover is a good idea or not. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
RayUnited said:
HID is not standard on IS250 or 350. Not sure drilling the hole on the cover is a good idea or not. Any suggestions?

How else will you get the rubber cap that hides the hole you have to drill to get the light in the housing?

it is ok believe me

I have done kits in a couple of my cars, and each time drilled the hole, taken the rubber seal and popped it on

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
You are gonna have to drill a hole in the dust cap otherwise those wires aint gonna go through. Just make the hole as small as possible and force the wires through, Thats what i did to my brothers accord when i installed an HID kit with his projector headlight housings and it worked perfect, no dust or anything gets through :cool:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for ideas...do you need special tools to take out the huge plastic that cover the rest the engine?? I am afraid to break those tiny screws...Japanese start making things so complicated, even worse than Euro cars

In addition, I am planning to add a tower bar to my car, is there any adverse effect on handling?

·
Premium Member
5,701 Posts
IMPRIMIS said:
How else will you get the rubber cap that hides the hole you have to drill to get the light in the housing?

it is ok believe me

I have done kits in a couple of my cars, and each time drilled the hole, taken the rubber seal and popped it on
Hey buddy, check this out. The kits that i sell now, i noticed on the box the phrase "car cpu reprogramming not required."

Now, if you were a BMW fan, you'd know that many HID kits will throw "low beam failure" on the check control system. Just found out yesterday that these new ballasts don't throw the code.

Thought i'd let you know about that. I was excited...

As for the install, most kits have the rubber grommet that keeps everything sealed up. For my installs i usually put a bead of silicone in the groove of the rubber grommet just to keep everything really sealed up.

·
Premium Member
5,701 Posts
optionfans said:
Japanese start making things so complicated, even worse than Euro cars
I'm going to have to disagree there. Euro cars have parts that are practically built like disposable cameras.... One time use...

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
Inspar8r said:
Hey buddy, check this out. The kits that i sell now, i noticed on the box the phrase "car cpu reprogramming not required."

Now, if you were a BMW fan, you'd know that many HID kits will throw "low beam failure" on the check control system. Just found out yesterday that these new ballasts don't throw the code.

Thought i'd let you know about that. I was excited...

As for the install, most kits have the rubber grommet that keeps everything sealed up. For my installs i usually put a bead of silicone in the groove of the rubber grommet just to keep everything really sealed up.
Sounds good man

I want to attempt to get the c/f tails started this winter

Have a nice garage to work in now

In addition, I am planning to add a tower bar to my car, is there any adverse effect on handling?
Yes it will

is there one for the new IS is the question

And there answer

None that I have seen yet, it is a lux. car so we shall see :lol:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Please update us when you finally install the HIDs. My car arrives this Saturday and the first thing I am gonna do Sunday morning is install the HIDs. Also could you let me know if the HIDs trigger any lights or messages on the dash.

BTW does anyone know what the low beam headlight number is on the IS350? I would like to buy the HID's sometime this week so I have them when the car arrives.

Thanks,
Joey

·
Registered
48 Posts
I drilled the hole on the cover last night. Then I found out the HID kit connector didn't fit to the stock harness. i have to cut the connector to make it fit. It will take some time.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
2 JZ-GE said:
Excuse my ignorance for I'm not well versed with the new IS250 & IS350 - - but does it not come with Bi-Xenon HID along with the Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS)??? :confused: :blush:
You are right, the bi-xenons do come with the adaptive front lighting system.

But AFS is an option, so if you don't get AFS, you don't get HIDs, just regular old halogens.

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
1. Install ballast
2. You need to get the wires from the ballast into the headlight somehow. You can drill a hole and get a grommet at home-depot or something so that the wires you put through will be nice and snug.
3. You need to connect the ballast to the factory wiring. Just connect the +12V and ground to the +12 and ground on the ballast and you should be all set.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts