Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I've done some reading that one of the "musts" for improve handling of the IS300 is to do either suspension or front and back sway bars, and most people agree that suspension would be the first one to do, is that right?

If so, here is my dilemma, I want to keep stock height, will a same height after market suspension work in this scenario? or will it only work if the car gets lowered?

If keeping stock height, what do guys recommend as the "perfect" suspension setup?

-TIA

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Hello all, I've done some reading that one of the "musts" for improve handling of the IS300 is to do either suspension or front and back sway bars, and most people agree that suspension would be the first one to do, is that right?

If so, here is my dilemma, I want to keep stock height, will a same height after market suspension work in this scenario? or will it only work if the car gets lowered?

If keeping stock height, what do guys recommend as the "perfect" suspension setup?

-TIA
Do sway bars, which have nothing to do with ride height at all, and then see how you like the handling. Based on what else you want to improve advice can then be given as to the best ways to achieve whatever your goals are.

·
Super Moderator
7,863 Posts
Hands down the best thing and most felt change will be your sway bars to a thicker little stiffer aftermarket sway bars(will not change ride height)....Also if your looking to keep stock ride height ...keep stock set up , but if depending on miles may wanna replace stock struts with something similar and upgrade your tires that will help, to top off the sways do strut bars and call it a day..

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So, I've been reading that the SportDesign might already have stiffer suspension and sway bars than the standard IS300. I thought the SportDesign only had some cosmetic modifications, but none related to performance and handling. Can someone verify/deny?

Thank you.

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
sport designs had what is essentially an eibach prokit. 1 inch drop, stiffer spring rates.

in your case, i would go with swift springs, which only drop it about an inch, and koni yellows. way better than stock, and almost stock ride height.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.