Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,018 Posts
$700? WHAAAAT? Are you talking Canadian? Or Hong Kong dollars? :lol:

NOBODY charges that much for them. The highest I've ever seen posted here is like $400.

Longo Lexus charges $385, but Carson has the absolute best price of $275 for a full kit.

·
Oompa-Loompa of Science
1,909 Posts
I got mine from Lexus of Orlando for $180, plus $5 for shipping.

Of course, that was over a year ago, so I dont know if it is the same price. You dont need Lexus to put them on for you, either. It is really easy.

If you get them and put them on yourself, PM me and I will give you a few tricks that really helped me out.

·
Registered
200 Posts
ya $200 for painted plastic...great mod! :eek: not to slam those that have em (b/c they look great!) but that's too much $ IMO for what they are...
was thinking of being chintzy and painting my existing emblems with some black spray actually..i know that some .netters have done it- not seen any pix tho...can't be too different looking tho, right? 8)

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
You could spray them yourself but spraying over the "chrome" isn't going to give you a good longterm solution.

The OEM ones have a clearcoat over the black to help keep them from fading.

You should be able to get them done for $300 installed. On some color cars they really look great. 8)

·
Registered
5,018 Posts
CRB said:
You could spray them yourself but spraying over the "chrome" isn't going to give you a good longterm solution.

You should be able to get them done for $300 installed. On some color cars they really look great. 8)
Why would you pay someone to make BC emblems for $300 when you can buy them new from Lexus for $175? :roll:

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Try KEYES Lexus and ask for Ronnie. If Ganz can get you them for $175, thats a good deal. This is a classy, subtle mod. And it's worth it if you don't over pay. If Steve can't give you a good deal, call Ronnie and ask him to beat a price... say you got quoted $180 or something... make some shit up.

KEYES 888 884 5398

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
ÜberPhLuBB said:
CRB said:

Why would you pay someone to make BC emblems for $300 when you can buy them new from Lexus for $175? :roll:
I wouldn't.

My mom got the real OEM pieces installed for $300. That is what I was saying. A do-it-yourself type could buy them from Carson and save the ~$100 removal/intallation cost.

My points were:

1. Spraying black paint on the chrome ones doesn't give OEM quality results.

2. The real one have black pearl plus a clearcoat layer.

3. And last. the $700 figure mentioned is way out there.

·
Registered
5,018 Posts
CRB said:
ÜberPhLuBB said:
CRB said:

I wouldn't.

My mom got the real OEM pieces installed for $300. That is what I was saying. A do-it-yourself type could buy them from Carson and save the ~$100 removal/intallation cost.

My points were:

1. Spraying black paint on the chrome ones doesn't give OEM quality results.

2. The real one have black pearl plus a clearcoat layer.

3. And last. the $700 figure mentioned is way out there.
Ah, I see.

Cheapies who make BP emblems themselves don't just spray them black, there is this paint used to tint glass, they use that stuff.

It's still not the same though, because the OEM BP emblems are sort of bronzeish.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.