Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just did the fog lamp mod a little different, so my fogs stay on with the high beams. I live out in the boonies, so all the light I can get, the better. As pictured in the webmaster's mod for fogs, bend the tab out on the RIGHT, not left, and run that wire to a grounding point, instead of a power point. I grounded it to the closest screw by the fusebox. If you decide that you don't want the fogs to flash when arming the alarm, bend the top tab of the relay and wire that to the key on power point, as mentioned in the webmaster's post. Thanks to the webmaster for his instructions. I was able to get a wiring diagram for the fogs from my job. My next thing I will try to figure out is how to totally disable traction control, as I try to drift corners, but traction keeps interfering with my fun!!! Good luck!! dave.....

·
Premium Member
7,619 Posts
Just heads-up for those who want to do this...

This works just fine...your fogs will be on along with your high beams - - however, you will absolutely have no control if you want your fogs off.

For those who want high beams and fogs on while still able to have control for a stand alone fog....try the following link below by SophieSleeps.

With this I am able to have fogs on only and have fogs on with high beam too....

http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=228543&page=1&pp=15&highlight=fog+mod

·
Banned
1,167 Posts
I wouldn't recommend keeping your fogs on with highbeams. You will overload your fuse box and burn it. There was someone on here a while back that did it and it fried his fuse box.

<P>Be Warned that you will fry your fuse box if both fogs and highbeams are on at the same time. That's why Lexus didn't do it in the first place.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I know this thread is kinda old, but just outta curiousity.....what if you were to run new lines for the DRL's and put a switch to straight off the battery?? Could or can that still cause the fuse box to fry...??? As of right now, I'm guessing that's the only option I have left due to the fact that my DRL's won't come on, nor my high beams. Even if I was to flash it, it doesnt indicate me turning it on on my dash. So, I figured, run new wire to the DRL straight to the battery with a switch and do the fog light stand-alone mod.....and, presto......I'd have the DRL and fog mod. Any suggestions and thoughts???????

1 - 5 of 5 Posts