Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2003 IS300
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to fix crashed in front upper radiator support bar?
I crashed my 03 IS300 and the upper radiator support got pushed in. I finally got a replacement for it but a car shop advised to make sure to pull the crashed support bar forward first to remove all tension before removing it. Please let me know if any of you encountered this. Thank you in advance.

·
Mr. Roo
10,001 Posts
Can you share some pics? The upper radiator support just comes off easily with some bolts. I would think you could just take it off as is, but I guess it depends on how bad it is. If you pull it back out first, it will help readjust the parts of the car it bolts to back into shape.

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
1,227 Posts
I used a metal shipment container and a come along about 2 weeks ago to “fix” my sister’s Infiniti somewhat lol. Definitely not going to get professional results from that but it worked in a pinch. It all depends on how bad it is smashed up tbh.

·
Registered
2003 IS300
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can you share some pics? The upper radiator support just comes off easily with some bolts. I would think you could just take it off as is, but I guess it depends on how bad it is. If you pull it back out first, it will help readjust the parts of the car it bolts to back into shape.

·
Registered
2003 IS300
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
got a hood and front bumper. Just need to pull the radiator upper support. I also got a new upper support. Shop advised time pull it forward first before removing it to release tension.

·
Registered
1 Posts
got a hood and front bumper. Just need to pull the radiator upper support. I also got a new upper support. Shop advised time pull it forward first before removing it to release tension.
So where did you get the UPPER RADIATOR SUPPORT AT!?!? I NEED ONE TOO!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts