Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't want to hear anyone's preaching about wearing seatbelts, ok ? I just want to find a way of turning off those annoying seatbelt warning lights. Am I the only one bothered by them ?

p.s. I already figured out they go off when wearing your seatbelt. Anyone ??

·
Registered
333 Posts
Wear your seatbelt! I know you don't want hear someone preach but I lost my best friend because he did not wear his. He was in a BMW and was run off the road, hit a gaurd rail, opened his door and he flew out. The passenger had his on and only had minor injuries. I am a former Police Officer, please reconsider, I have seen it all, mostly from not wearing a seat belt.

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Originally posted by disintegration:
I don't want to hear anyone's preaching about wearing seatbelts, ok ? I just want to find a way of turning off those annoying seatbelt warning lights. Am I the only one bothered by them ?

p.s. I already figured out they go off when wearing your seatbelt. Anyone ??
If you really didn't want to hear people telling you wear your seatbelt, you should have posted to your first thread about this subject so people could just see all the previous postings..but I can't find it anyway...

And besides. I though we answered this for already in that thread:

A) Buckle the seatbelt behind you (might as well wear it then).
B) Cut off the belt part and connect it or get another spare buckle and connect it.
C) Take apart the base of the buckle and short whatever thing is in there that detects the belt part.

And of course, D) just wear the damn thing.

------------------
Tony
'01 Spectra Blue
'94 Turbo Miata

·
Registered
150 Posts
there is a weight sensor in the chair. if someone is depressing that sensor it starts flashing. Cut the wire that feeds that sensor...

·
Registered
219 Posts
Get rid of the dead weight of those pesky air-bags while you're at it. They are littered all over the car. It will help the weight distribution.

Great point about disintegration's name being appropriate. SpectraBlueIS300! Definite death wish... Hey it's your life.... Oops I wasn't supposed to preach. Let me just jump down off of this high horse that I am riding (with my seatbelt ON of course).

·
Registered
32 Posts
Originally posted by hurricane:
Get rid of the dead weight of those pesky air-bags while you're at it. They are littered all over the car. It will help the weight distribution.
Youre probably right when you suggest taking off those airbags. Theyre SRS, meaning SUPPLEMENTAL restraint system. Without the seatbelt, when youre hit, youre launched into the exploding airbag and it'll probably take off your head. But then again, without the bag and belt, youd fly around and get your head taken off by something else anyhow. Here's hoping youre never in an accident.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts