Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I want to upgrade HID bulbs from stock to 8000K do I have to change the whole HID system or can I change just the bulbs. I was told I had to change the system, but that doesnt make much sense. Any help?

·
Registered
770 Posts
Everybody Gets Blue 8000k....Thats why i got the 6000k K2 there the best purple out there....It came with everything needed to installed..All the Wires and the new ballast also

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
WhiteLex said:
Everybody Gets Blue 8000k....Thats why i got the 6000k K2 there the best purple out there....It came with everything needed to installed..All the Wires and the new ballast also
and everyone can't see shit soon after...since going to 6k is pointless

·
Vendor
4,813 Posts
Hubcap said:
Anyone got pics of the 8000k bulbs? How much money do those run btw?
I got em (Vestec), but it won't do you any good to see pics of them. You need to see them with your own eyes to appreciate. And I will stand up to my previous arguments that I CAN see better since the human eye responds to blue light at a higher sensitivity in low light situations. But I aint gonna get into here :roll: . SUVlights.com $280 shipped.

Fig

·
Registered
21 Posts
hmm defently look pretty damn bright from just lookin at a few pictures from that website. Is there much improvement from the stock bulbs?

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
Fig said:
Hubcap said:
I got em (Vestec), but it won't do you any good to see pics of them. You need to see them with your own eyes to appreciate. And I will stand up to my previous arguments that I CAN see better since the human eye responds to blue light at a higher sensitivity in low light situations. But I aint gonna get into here :roll: . SUVlights.com $280 shipped.

Fig
And that just leads to other problems.

But to each his own.

·
Registered
16 Posts
WhiteLex said:
The higher the kelvin(K) , the more color it gets. So it this case 8,000k would be more purple than 6000K. Sunlight is at around 5000K(whitest). Heres a couple pic of my two car.
the accord(left) has the HID Pro kit made by Hella W/8,500K bulb . It looks kinda blue in pic but in reality at 500+ft away it is more purple than the Audi's HID . While the lexus is the oem 4,300k Looks yellow compare to the accord
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMTY3OTc4NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE=
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMTY3OTc3NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE=

·
Registered
770 Posts
goldark said:
WhiteLex said:
and everyone can't see sh*t soon after...since going to 6k is pointless
what u do u mean..its pointless.....I see better than i did with stock the K2's are the best ones on the Market

·
Registered
770 Posts
Lexuz01 said:
WhiteLex said:
The higher the kelvin(K) , the more color it gets. So it this case 8,000k would be more purple than 6000K. Sunlight is at around 5000K(whitest). Heres a couple pic of my two car.
the accord(left) has the HID Pro kit made by Hella W/8,500K bulb . It looks kinda blue in pic but in reality at 500+ft away it is more purple than the Audi's HID . While the lexus is the oem 4,300k Looks yellow compare to the accord
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMTY3OTc4NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE=
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMTY3OTc3NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE=
I guess Certian Brands might be different..I heard some-1 said the same thing that u mentioted....BUt i have 6000k...and they are really Purple..and my friend has 8000k.....and they are really blue.....

and yes anything above 5000k will be white...just like our stocks that are 4300

·
Registered
12,082 Posts
Lexuz01 said:
WhiteLex said:
Actually, Sunlight is 6400K.....because it is full spectrum....I have a 6400K full spectrum "light" for other purposes.. :wink:

·
Vendor
4,813 Posts
Norcal IS300 said:
Lexuz01 said:
WhiteLex said:

Actually, Sunlight is 6400K.....because it is full spectrum....I have a 6400K full spectrum "light" for other purposes.. :wink:
^^^:chill: :lol:

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
Fig said:
Hubcap said:

Fig
of course your pretty blue light there also scatters more than lower K... so have fun blinding oncoming drivers..

these 8000K plus bulbs are the reason (right along with hyper white headlights on cheaper cars) that aftermarket HID kits are getting all kinds of heat.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
WhiteLex said:
goldark said:
WhiteLex said:
and everyone can't see sh*t soon after...since going to 6k is pointless
what u do u mean..its pointless.....I see better than i did with stock the K2's are the best ones on the Market
I mean that they are brighter.
But the projection distance or rather light peneteration is shorter than sub 5k bulbs.

You can see more with <5k bulbs than you can see with 6 or 8k

·
Registered
847 Posts
Fig said:
Hubcap said:

Fig
yeah, whatever...

·
Registered
805 Posts
"I got em (Vestec), but it won't do you any good to see pics of them. You need to see them with your own eyes to appreciate. And I will stand up to my previous arguments that I CAN see better since the human eye responds to blue light at a higher sensitivity in low light situations. But I aint gonna get into here . SUVlights.com $280 shipped.

Fig"

These bulbs can also be used to replace the DRL's correct???...thanks

1 - 20 of 23 Posts