Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting close to taking delivery of my IS300 and I was wondering how I should care for the seats? I asked the dealer and he had no clue. I'm just worried about getting leather cleaner/conditioner on the faux suede part of the seats. Any insight/assistance would be greatly appreciated.

------------------
Justin
Soon to come....2001 Diamond white pearl/black IS300 =)

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Scotchguard, if it is safe on Nubuck, I'm not sure if it is. Foot Locker also sells something for shoes that might be good for leather, real and fake. Up to you if you wanna try it.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I don't think anyone can buy Scotchgard anymore since 3M pull ALL of their Scotchgard products off the market. (Something to do with chemicals polluting the environment).

They did extensive studies and found out that virtually everyone in the world have trace levels of that chemical in their bodies. (YES!!!) There are no long term studies of how it affects our bodies, but they've decided to pull them out of the market just to be safe.....

Read it from a business magazine about a month ago.....

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
I believe it is a synthetic material, there were some posts a few weeks ago suggesting that. If so, you can treat it with dupont teflon to help protect from stains (will not prevent soiling from everyday use.) Should be able to deep clean with mild soap and water, and of course vaccuum dust dirt and crumbs etc...

·
Registered
994 Posts
I was getting off work. But.. no.. 8^) Touch of Class is a company that a bunch of dealers down here in the south bay contract to do something to protect the paint and interior. Just wondering if anyone knew exactly what they did and if it was worth it.

thanks,

--k

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
You have to use "HIDE FOOD" on the leather portion of the seats. It can be found at a Jaguar dealership. It will do an excellent job of conditioning the leather...
Eric...

·
Registered
94 Posts
speaking of cleaning. I got the ivory interior and the floor mats are already wanting to turn black!! Ahhh... I only had the car for 2 weeks. Anything that will help on the floor mats? I should have gone for the black interior.

sklim1

·
Registered
187 Posts
Floor mats are a pain to clean...thats why I have the black interior. I would just use any household carpet cleaner. You can always cover up the mats if worse comes to worse. Use like an old towel or something. Cover at least the driver side cuz obviously that'll be the most used out of any of the floor mats.

Or you can always be ghetto like me and use those paper mats that comes with the new cars. I would always ask my dealer for a like one or two everytime I come in. At least the paper mats has "Lexus" on it...

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Yeah, I remember hearing something about that...but I still have some left at home. I just bought the Foot Locker thing not too long ago though. Or what about the water repellency products that are sold for use on jackets and stuff to renew the water repellency. If it's safe to use on suede then Oxy Clean might work...that stuff really does work, so does the Orange Power Paste. Maybe Quick And Brite might work on the carpets. My cousin bought some carpet cleaner thing for his old truck and it worked good. If all else fails I would use Simple Green...that is some dope $hit.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Originally posted by sklim1:
speaking of cleaning. I got the ivory interior and the floor mats are already wanting to turn black!! Ahhh... I only had the car for 2 weeks. Anything that will help on the floor mats? I should have gone for the black interior.

sklim1

Try getting some bath-rugs....They're relatively cheap, easy to clean (throw them in washer and dryer), soft, have a little sound-deadening effect, and of course they're water-proof.

They come in different sizes and different shades of volors, and usually costs around 10 bucks or so (in Target.) Should last you a while anyway.

[This message has been edited by dude (edited July 18, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by dude (edited July 18, 2000).]

·
Registered
654 Posts
I have an ivory interior and the passenger's side floor mat is quickly getting ugly looking while my driver's side floor mat is still protected by the Lexus paper mat
. I need to just ask for a stack and replace them so often. Hehe. Otherwise I was thinking about taking out the stock floor mats and getting these contoured rubber suckers that my dad uses in his Benz. It's black and that works fine for the black interior of the Benz, but I'm not too sure how it would look on Ivory...contrasting colors don't always look bad...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts