Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone familiar with this procedure?
I don't have the repair manual, and have found some talks on values that the sensor should be calibrated to, but no specific instructions on how to actually do it.

Thanks in advance..

Reactions: gmuto_agrsv

·
Registered
6,431 Posts
I would think the throttle position sensor parameters take information from the ECM or ECU modules.

To my knowledge the ecu control module is programmed with the correct parameters - this will require a Lexus Break out box and even then, I'm not sure if it can be reprogrammed.

...but I am just guessing here.

Digger08

·
Registered
9 Posts
ive been looking for the same thing, i found some info saying to do it with a multimeter and turn it until throttle at rest equals x and wide open equals x but it wasnt for our cars so i dont have the values....

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
6,620 Posts
^??^
Not sure about that.

my 1st q would be WHY do you think you need to adjust this ...? this positioning is very sensitive and literally a mm out of the proper range and you can/will throw an Engine light and go into limp mode....

... but here is my experience...

the TPS sensor is attached to the TB with two small phillips screws,

when you loosen them the TPS sensor can PIVOT or ROTATE left or right..... you can loosen the screws and twist it in its position and it SHOULD rotate a little either way.....

moving it either way this will change the voltage signal the ECU sees from the sensor...

basically you want it to be putting out between .70 - .74v when the motor is warm....

....at least, that is where i set mine and it works fine...

best of luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.