Lexus IS Forum banner

141 - 160 of 643 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
K so that dome number is good for the map light? I used that bulb number on the dome light didnt think the map light was same bulb number thought it was like bae9 or some crap like that.Any1?
Yes the dome light behind your rearview mirror is a bae9. The best thing for you to do is this.

Get three led boards from member Nigel.

They are the shit.

Each one comes with adapters.

They are super bright and fit in there perfect!

Here is the link for Nigels stuff.

http://my.is/forums/f190/led-board-your-interior-exterior-381987/

·
Registered
425 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Was just looking at this again, finished the interior a month ago. But now i just saw the new 5 Star SMT and was wondering if replacing the 4 Star SMT currently in my dash would be worth the extra light output?

Also how about #24 bulb tri power led 15mm x 8mm could be replaced with the new 5 matrix led that is 20mm x 8mm?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Yes the dome light behind your rearview mirror is a bae9. The best thing for you to do is this.

Get three led boards from member Nigel.

They are the shit.

Each one comes with adapters.

They are super bright and fit in there perfect!

Here is the link for Nigels stuff.

http://my.is/forums/f190/led-board-your-interior-exterior-381987/
I'm about to buy these LEDs from nigel, but i was wondering if it's best to stick to one company for lighting? I mean i already use Autoillumination super white LEDS in my gauge cluster and center console (climate control, clock, etc). Think nigels leds will match my other LEDs or should i just stick to using autoillumination?

I need to figure this out soon, i never really liked the AAC dome and map lights i currently have, too damn dim. So i plan to order the replacement in the next couple of days, either from nigel or autoillumination. The 25 LED array from autoillumination looks like it will be ridiculously bright in the dome and map.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I've mixed and matched between autolumination and superbrightleds. The same 194 wedge bulb from superbrightleds on two separate orders have a slight color difference. Go with the look you want, and mix and match as needed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
couple weeks I swapped out to leds and now my car has issues starting up. I took it to a mechanic and they tested the battery, alternator, starter and all was ok. They did addiontal testing and found out the drainage was coming from the stock radio or that area. Has anyone experience this?

·
Registered
232 Posts
For those of you who used a #24 for your keyring, how much did you sand it down? I sanded & sanded and finally got it in, but it doesn't light up, no matter which way I put it in. Did I sand too far??

·
Registered
232 Posts
For those of you who used a #24 for your keyring, how much did you sand it down? I sanded & sanded and finally got it in, but it doesn't light up, no matter which way I put it in. Did I sand too far??

Any thoughts?? I sanded both sides down relatively evenly (or at least I thought I did).

·
Registered
35 Posts
I want to do this but when I do it I also want to kill 2 birds with one stone and refinish my nasty scratched up dash

appreciate this def. I will do this

·
Registered
143 Posts
I quit trying to fit the #24 bulb in the key ring. The #74 bulb is a direct replacement and it fits perfect. I used the 74-xHP from superbrightleds and it's extremely bright. I guess if you still want more light output, go with the 74-xHP3.

·
Registered
92 Posts
A #74 size led fits much easier into the keyring than a #24 bulb as xman stated. I just did my gauge cluster and also changed out some of the little icons such as the check engine, seat belt, etc. with the extra #74 bulbs that I had. The only bulb that was different was the brake light bulb. It's a neo wedge type of bulb, but I am not too sure on the size yet. I'll try changing it and post back later, but it appears to be a type a(not 100% sure). Also if you do end up changing the icons take note that there is a colored film over the icons that might make some of them appear not the same shade as the rest of your dash.(eg. when i used a blue led for an orange icon it ended up being like a turquoise color).

Also a side note for others that do the led gauge cluster mod, it helps to bend the connectors on the leds outwards a little for better connection to the led housing. i was having some connection problems, but that seemed to solve them. good luck everyone!! thanks again to nyczzzjohn for the write up and xman for the pics, they helped alot!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Just another note, I've scratched up my console from multiple removals to install the leds. Be extremely careful taking apart the center console when you're resting it to pull off all the cables. Last time I did this, I used some blue painter's tape to cover the area and protect the console area. Worked decent and the tape pulls off easily with no residue.

141 - 160 of 643 Posts