Lexus IS Forum banner

101 - 120 of 643 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
One more question.
The write up says that ignition key bulb is #24 . But when I removed it it looks smaller than those #24 in the main gauge cluster. More like a #74. And maybe #24 is still the best to use there (after sanding the base a little bit)?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Would it be possible to change the middle speedometer to white and keep the rest of the gauge cluster(fuel tach etc) orange/red? Or is it only possible to split it down the middle with two colors?

·
Registered
143 Posts
One more question.
The write up says that ignition key bulb is #24 . But when I removed it it looks smaller than those #24 in the main gauge cluster. More like a #74. And maybe #24 is still the best to use there (after sanding the base a little bit)?
Yes, it's a #74. Check out my previous posts and you'll find a link to personal pics of my install.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Would it be possible to change the middle speedometer to white and keep the rest of the gauge cluster(fuel tach etc) orange/red? Or is it only possible to split it down the middle with two colors?
There are a total of 3 #194-type bulbs in the cluster. You can replace as many as you want. The other two in the instruction doc are #24 bulbs. Others have even replaced absolutely every bulb. I chose to keep the stock ones in.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Not using LEDs in this scenerio. Our gauge lighting actually kinda sucks. You would have to fully dissassemble the gauges and use either many compnent LEDs or glow wire - something like that. if you jsut change some of the bulbs, the colors will fade into each other. There won't be any distinct division of the center gauge.

Z

·
Registered
609 Posts
Has anyone tried the 9 LED bulbs now offered by autolumination? I am getting ready to order my bulbs and want to get the most light and widest dispersion that will fit. If mine turn out spotty I will hate them.

Thanks in advance...

Z

·
Registered
392 Posts
I installed mine a month ago and all of my small 74 leds burnt out... I emailed the autoillumination.... I only use my lights on half power too... anyone else had any trouble?

·
Registered
392 Posts
someone in so-cal should help me out with my conversion :)
so easy!!! i have taken my dash apart so many times now trying to get my leds to work right and i could walk you through it serious take a phillips screw driver and needlenose pliers and follow his instructions super easy!!! and do the keyring to it looks hot!!

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
but trust me when i say
i can screw ANYTHING up

when i changed out my parking light bulbs i almost drove the car with the wrench i used still on top of my engine cover

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Has anyone tried the 9 LED bulbs now offered by autolumination? I am getting ready to order my bulbs and want to get the most light and widest dispersion that will fit. If mine turn out spotty I will hate them.

Thanks in advance...

Z
whats the difference between the 9 LED bulbs and the other ones? i wanna see if anyone has done this with wide angle LEDs...also for more dispersion of light i dont like the spots either.

101 - 120 of 643 Posts