Lexus IS Forum banner

61 - 80 of 643 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
I LOVE THE WHITE !!!!...But the car is Blue so i will go with the BLUE.... :) Thanks

·
Registered
143 Posts
alright, after messing around with the car, here are some pics. Hopefully the link works. I've taken pictures of the stock gauge cluster bulbs and the heated seat and traction control bulbs. I hope this helps. I would have tried to get more pics of the climate control bulbs, but I was sweating my a$$ off on a hot summer day and got sick of messing around. In any case this forum has an excellent write-up already and these are just supplemental for those that are a bit afraid to mess around. I'm no expert, and with some hesitation of pulling things out to release them, things aren't as difficult as they seem.

http://picasaweb.google.com/XMan714/MyIS300

·
Registered
425 Posts
Just lost the function of my lights in dash so time for blue lights to match the blue....Anyone got pics of blue or is this dang military computer blocking pics again

·
Registered
392 Posts
In a lot of the pictures it looks like the light output is not 100% equal throughout. Some spots are very slightly brighter in certain areas. Anyone notice this?
I noticed in some pics and I just did mine and one spot looked a little duller the smaller bulbs are harder to tell if they are working... double check to see if the bulb is in the right way I did that on a couple and bam it looks consistent throughout now....

It took me 20 min total is all!!! Super easy to do!!!

·
Registered
425 Posts
So are you guys buying these blue bulbs for the dash and climate controls and heated seats and key ring off of lexstasy or what?Sexy black lexi and a couple other guys got the blue whats the bulb size for dash,climate,seats,clock,key ring?What company?

·
Registered
307 Posts
So are you guys buying these blue bulbs for the dash and climate controls and heated seats and key ring off of lexstasy or what?Sexy black lexi and a couple other guys got the blue whats the bulb size for dash,climate,seats,clock,key ring?What company?
Ya most everything is on the first post, but the heated seat buttons are type A bulbs, and I also did the shifter and the snow/power buttons. The shifter was size 24 i think and the snow was type A.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Check my link for pics of the buttons

Ya most everything is on the first post, but the heated seat buttons are type A bulbs, and I also did the shifter and the snow/power buttons. The shifter was size 24 i think and the snow was type A.
I mentioned this before, but I tried replacing the heated seat buttons with Neowedge Type A bulbs from autolumination.com but had difficulties because the base was an extremely tight fit. As I tried turning them, the base started to get mangled. I decided to keep the stock bulbs in. Somebody previously mentioned that you need to also remove a film that makes the light amber. Can somebody confirm? Take a look at my link for the size of the heated seats and traction control. The traction control is a neowedge type B.

Also, I did replace the light in the shifter. It's a #74 bulb. I used one from superbrightleds.com and shaved the hell out of it to make it fit. I have to do the same for the ashtray light because it's not currently lighting up. Once that's complete, I may splice the permanent bulb for the cigarette lighter and use the snakelight from autolumination.com.

Sorry for the flip flop of bulbs from two different sites. I just preferred certain bulbs for certain applications.

Picasa Web Albums - Xerxes - My IS300

·
Registered
425 Posts
c'mon man, i posted everything in the first post of this thread. you will find everything you need there.

avoid lextasy like the plague.
Ya sorry I see that but that autolumination site is not user friendly, also military computers didnt let me see that link or pictures lol so ya got to understand the beast of the federal govt.....thxs I had to email lumination and got a $49 total for 3x of star smt blue #194 bulbs and 3 of the tri power 3 led #24 bulb blue.Cant wait!

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
I mentioned this before, but I tried replacing the heated seat buttons with Neowedge Type A bulbs from autolumination.com but had difficulties because the base was an extremely tight fit. As I tried turning them, the base started to get mangled. I decided to keep the stock bulbs in. Somebody previously mentioned that you need to also remove a film that makes the light amber. Can somebody confirm? Take a look at my link for the size of the heated seats and traction control. The traction control is a neowedge type B.
I heard the same, but haven't seen anything written up on it.

Ya sorry I see that but that autolumination site is not user friendly, also military computers didnt let me see that link or pictures lol so ya got to understand the beast of the federal govt.....thxs I had to email lumination and got a $49 total for 3x of star smt blue #194 bulbs and 3 of the tri power 3 led #24 bulb blue.Cant wait!
no problem man, good luck with the mod. post some pics up when you're done.

61 - 80 of 643 Posts