Lexus IS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 643 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
if your car is a manual, why do you have the window in your cluster?

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
looks nice and not terribly hard since i cant do and soder stuff might have to give this a shot ince i get my new is...

·
Registered
143 Posts
what about replacing just the 194's?

I think I've found 3 or 4 different methods of replacing the bulbs in the gauge cluster, one of which is fairly detailed and manually replaces the bulbs with individual led's. I think this one is the simplest and safest.

http://my.is/forums/f90/how-change-your-main-gauge-cluster-ignition-ring-lights-leds-pics-359216/

I'm thinking of just replacing the 194's since the warning gauges aren't too big a deal for me. I just want to rid myself of the hideous amber light and go for super white.

I know everybody's been posting about autoillumination, but what about superbrightleds.com? I've used them in the past and never had a problem. I just have to figure out which bulb to use as the gauge cluster has little to no room for odd-sized aftermarket bulbs.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I did the complete conversion of everything and the instructions were awesome!!! thanks a lot...heres a few pics of mine finished...and yea I ordered 3 more type A BLUE bulbs for the heated seat/TRAC OFF buttons and 2 RED type A bulbs for when the heated seat is lit up so it lights up red when you turn them on..looks sick! pics dont show it well but ya....

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Looks good i'm gonna go with super white. Did you did the clock leds in white paint? How did you change the seat heater buttons?

·
Registered
307 Posts
I still have to dip the clock buttons in white paint because I have "eyes." And with the seat heaters, the panel just slides out and then you can unclip the buttons from the panel. you will see both lights when you pull the buttons out and I unscrewed them with a phillips head and just put the blue for the seat and the red for the indicator. Prolly the easiest of all the lights to replace...LMK if you have other questions!

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
So you need to replace two bulbs? Which ones fit?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Does the blue light bug your eyes at night? I've seen some posts that white gets annoying (yes, i know u can dim them), just wondering if anyone has regrets about blue.

·
Registered
238 Posts

Now that is hot! Thanks for the write up, I have to try this!!! REP +++++

·
Banned
4,149 Posts
well i was trying to find pink, but they dont have it so i guess ill do UV ahaha
i hope its not black light... but at the same time that would be interesting..

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #59

·
Registered
143 Posts
My bad on the last post. I linked the link. oops. Anyway, update on my gauge cluster bulb change. I purchased led bulbs from superbrightleds.com just because I used them in the past. I ended up using the WLED-WHP 194/168 bulbs. Not sure about anybody else, but the recommended Tri-power 3 LED bulb in the guide are not exactly #24 in size. The base is significantly thicker than a standard #24 bulb. Rather than force them, I used the Super Star single high-flux #24 LED from autolumination.com.

Also, for the keylight, I used a SuperStar #74 bulb which fit fine.

Next up is to replace the climate control per the info found elsewhere in the forum...

41 - 60 of 643 Posts