Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I did a quick search on this and the HOW TO fora and cannot find a similar topic.

The map light (the one between the two sun visors) was burn, does anyone can post pics. to show how this light can be changed?

Anyone know what the part no. is?

Thanks in advance.

Tommy

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
it's really not that hard to do. you need to get your finger (or a screw driver) in between the plastic cover and the headliner. then you need to pull down and towards you at the same time. you'll probably feel like your're going to break it, so it will take some force to pop the clips off. once you get the tabs in front to pop out, the taps on the windshield will come off.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just got my bulb today

from the dealership, cost $2.30 + tax.

Dealer quotes about $35 with parts and labour.

Will try tonight.

Tommy

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Done!! Thanks for all input.

After reading all the threads that have been posted, I've tried the process myself.

Took a while to pry open the cover and took a little while to took out the bulb.

Here is a pictures summary of how I've done it:

First of all, weapon of choice (as suggested in the other thread):

It is true that you only need to stick it in just a little bit. I find it is easier to push onto the two buttons, but not the empty cover since it is part of the cover you need to pry open. Also, do pry close to the little tab one at a time. Then you will see this:

Hope this picture gives you a better idea about what the small tab on the cover looks like:

There are two small legs on the bulb, took me a while and a lot of trials (pushing, pulling and swearing) to take the bulb out. Then find that you need to push the bulb in (then you will see those small legs) and then turn it about 90 degree (either way should be find) so that the small legs can go through the opening in the holder.

Here is a pic. of the bulb (sorry, not too clear):

Insert the replacement bulb in the reverse order of how I take it out, pop the coer back:

And the victory is mine!

Hope this will be easier for the next member to change their map light.

Thanks for all the helps. This saved me about $30. Checked with the dealership, this is not covered even my extended warranty is still valid.

Tommy

·
Registered
63 Posts
Led boards are real nice and bright...bright white ftw clean and classy

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.