Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was trying to change the spark plugs but I was not able to reach the 2 cylinders in the middle. Do I need to remove the throttle body? If so, how can I do it. Is there any instruction/diagram to follow. Thanks very much!!

·
Registered
168 Posts
edgar52 said:
I was trying to change the spark plugs but I was not able to reach the 2 cylinders in the middle. Do I need to remove the throttle body? If so, how can I do it. Is there any instruction/diagram to follow. Thanks very much!!
be sure your engine is below 100 degrees F. if you pull out the plugs while the engine is hot or warm you may end up messing up the threads where the plugs would go in..and make sure you got the torque specs and a torque wrench..as far as the TB it looks like a pain...just take a picture of your TB then with patience work on it so if you forget you can go back and look at the pic.

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
yes you have to take off the throttle body...and it's not that hard...it's like 4 long bolts and then the throttle cable which unhooks easily...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lilaznboi said:
yes you have to take off the throttle body...and it's not that hard...it's like 4 long bolts and then the throttle cable which unhooks easily...
Thanks for all the replies! I have one more question, will removing the throttle cable change the calibration? any think I need to pay attention? Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts