Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Re: 3m and P21s wax?

BLKIS3 said:
where can i buy the 3m Imperial Hand Glaze wax that gets rid of swirls? And also where can i buy P21S?
3M IHG is a oily and hard to use glaze, not wax. It will only cover up paint imperfections temporarily, not remove them. I suggest polishing with something like 3M SMR. S100, which is the exact same product as P21S is available at many harley davidson bike shops, just search around your area.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what is the correct application of P21s...S100. It says something like you need to polish or buff first(something like that). Anyone know what this means or what i am talking about. What do you use to do this?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
For best results for any wax, use a polish before, but it is not necessary.

Apply P21S with the supplied foam applicator. Wipe on in straight motions, not circular. Apply to one body panel at a time, then remove propmtly with a cotton ot microfiber terry towel. I prefer MF. Do not let P21S harden as it will be difficult to remove an not provide any benefits.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The motion of application, circular or straight, is irrelevant provided that your paint is clean. To help ensure this, I suggest that after washing you go over the car with a quick detailer and cloth before you apply wax. This reduces the probability of grinding dirt into your finishing.

Eagle one wet wipe and shine, or meguiar's quick detailer are readily available from target, kmart, walmart.. etc, and are good. easy to find products.

As for the application of the wax, wipe on one panel, buff off. I usually work in small sections, like half the hood or one fender at a time.

Polishing is not absolutely necessary, but will help improve gloss.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.