Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious on how to achieve this look of the rear tires? Because I do not care for the rear tires to be tucked.
So I was wondering if it was offset or width, or a combination of both?

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
I've seen the Amuse car from many different angles, and it looks like they actually cut the fender to make the wheel well larger.

Compared to your car... we have that inch or so of flat metal, where the body and the end of the fender well meet

To somewhat achieve this look, I guess you could trim the entire inner fender lip off, and get spacers (or a different sized rear wheel), and lower your car another 1/2 inch or so. That's my take on it.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mr who said:
I've seen the Amuse car from many different angles, and it looks like they actually cut the fender to make the wheel well larger.

To somewhat achieve this look, I guess you could trim the entire inner fender lip off, and get spacers (or a different sized rear wheel), and lower your car another 1/2 inch or so. That's my take on it.
Thanx for the info.
This pic looks differnt then the other one, but it still looks sick. I plan on getting coil overs, and have been debating on some new wheels. That is why I was interested in this.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
is that really practical? it looks like its just a hair away from the fender, going over any bumps will cause the tire to contact the fender unless there is no travel in the suspension. looks sick though.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
since Amuse Altezza it is a demo car, I don't think they care about fender rubbing occasionally.

I may be getting that look. I got 19x9.5 with 45 offset. so it may actually be flush with the fender. I will have to stretch 235 /35 to clear the fender. also probably have to roll it deep..

9.5 in wheels are sitting in my garage. but I'm waiting for the 8.5in fronts to arrive before starting the mayhem or prepping the fender.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Can't wait to see the outcome. 9.5 +45 is gonna be rough. Sounds oversized on paper, but with the right modifications it seems possible. Thats going to look tits.

·
Registered
18 Posts
YellowIS5spd said:
I may be getting that look. I got 19x9.5 with 45 offset. so it may actually be flush with the fender. I will have to stretch 235 /35 to clear the fender. also probably have to roll it deep..

9.5 in wheels are sitting in my garage. but I'm waiting for the 8.5in fronts to arrive before starting the mayhem or prepping the fender.
OMFG... :p :p :p ...keep us posted man!!!

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
bringing back the old tread.. side by side comparison?

Looking like Amuse have 10's on the rear. I have 9.5 +45. Amuse still have some wheel width or offset on me.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Alignement

Add massive negative camber and even a little toe in to the mix also. This is not very practical but a show car is generally driven down a ramp and on to a show room floor and that's about it.

·
Registered
503 Posts
what brand of wheels are those on the amuse? thanx

1 - 18 of 18 Posts