Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way to work this morning, a "Hersey Kiss" size stone hit my windshield. I am so afraid if it cracks my windshield. Apparently, after I checked all surface on the windshield, it doesn't crack at all. It is unbeliveable.
About a month ago, another pretty big stone hit the windshield. Again, it didn't crack, but chipped the winshield. Basically, it just ate the surface, no bullseye or anything.
I don't know, but I consider myself lucky. And Damn those dump trucks!

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I've been a little disappointed in how easily it chips. Whenever I clean my windsheild, I see more and more small chips. Nothing you can see while driving, but it's like a bunch of white spots up close.

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
one stone hit me on my way back from auto x, damn thing turned into dust on my window!!!

i was like wow, shiet i even ducked~

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I guess I'm not so lucky. About a week after I got my car, I realized I have a crack in my windshield. I'm beyond pissed!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Okay well..Nearly a year ago..my then brand NEW IS got the front and rear windshields smashed in along with the driver side. Insurance paid for it...It took like 2 months to get my car back because all the parts had to be imported from Japan because the car was soo new. When I get it back. The first that happens when I'm driving back home on the 57N in LA is a rock hits my windshield..It leaves a nice little crater in my windshield..Doesn't crack...Just a chip. I'm soo pissed off, but it's barely noticeable. A week later, I'm drivin back from nor cal, and then a rock hits the bottom of my windshield. I had to watch the crack go up all the way from the bottom to the end of the windshield on the passenger side. I was soo mad. Costs me like 700 to fix..FRIIIIGGGIN DUMP TRUCKS..I don't think the windshield is particularly stronger or weaker than other car manufacturers..glass is glass to me...And those dumptrucks will not do anything to keep debri from flying out of their loads..Those...SOB's!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

That's funny. I always ducks as well every time those damn stone hit the windshield.
You know what guys. I have the same problem with those tiny chips. They are all over on my windshield. I thought that I am the only one with that problem. Well, that's going to be another problem that can be added on Lexus problem lists.

Later

1 - 8 of 8 Posts