Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need the thread on how to change the drive belt I saw it before but not anymore,please help.

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
jvillagran2000 said:
no not the timing belt the accesories belt(alt,water pump,power steering)

it is pretty simple..

you need to get some slack on the A/C tensioner pulley, which u then remove the old one, put on the new one..

there is a diagram on the underside of the hood...which shows the rooting of the belt

good luck

Reactions: CEB

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tsopranoMB said:
it is pretty simple..

you need to get some slack on the A/C tensioner pulley, which u then remove the old one, put on the new one..

there is a diagram on the underside of the hood...which shows the rooting of the belt

good luck
I'm aware of the diagram under the hood,but I really want pics of the procedure,I have seen it before but when I try searching nothing.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I thought it was a serpertine belt? so only one belt.. there should be a tensioner and you just move it to one direction then slide the belt off, but pay attention on how it is routed then install new belt by moving the tensioner to the side

·
Registered
332 Posts
No pictures, (yet) but I just did the timing belt on my car so I can give you an idea of what you need to do.

1) Remove under belly cover

2) Take a 14mm wrench (longer is better) from below the car, place on the drive belt tensioner pulley, and push towards the passenger side of the car to remove tension

3) Remove belt while holding the tensioner towards the passenger side with the wrench

4) Install new belt like the diagram shows (you'll need to keep holding the tensioner towards passenger side while doing this)

5) Gently release the tensioner and allow it to tension the belt

6) Replace under belly pan

That's really about all there is to it, it's super easy... crankshaft pulley bolt on the other hand isn't :)

Good luck,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts