·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Just turned 21........

Want to sell the IS though...

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
I was thinking, like.....how the hell can these young kids afford these nice cars, right??.......We'll, you look and most of these people are on the west coast (no way), and stuff, and it is not uncommon to see a ton of imports souped up, etc.. Well, I think, like by me (I did comparisons online and stuff), $40,000 job is like $70 or more job in most areas of Cali, and with that said, cars have the same price no matter what area you are in. So, for me to have a $33,000 dollar car and making about 40k is pretty good over here, where as a 33k car over in Cali where the price of living is more, they pay you more, etccc, a 33k car is not that expensive at all so therefore more people have them.

Does anyone see my point or do you think it makes sense?

·
Registered
345 Posts
I'm 46 and having the IS is a big deal for me. South Florida is expensive and I've got a wife and two boys 15 and 12. I've got a nice house, but its taken a lot of hard work and hours to put this all together. So the IS is my reward, I would be pretty proud if my boys do as well as some of you young guys.

·
Registered
287 Posts
17 also but i do website design to make my monthly payments. The way us younger guys can afford an IS is the simple fact that we dont have that many expenses. I have to pay for gas, insurance, and my car payments. Of course this leaves me with little spending money which is the reason why i dont have much done to my IS. All my play money is made working at a local golfclub but the big money is made in website design. Just like to set the record straight that my parents did not buy the car for me, and yes, it is kinda nutz to buy yourself a lexus at 17 but i fell in love at first sight. I could have easily gone and bought myself an integra or something but i couldnt break myself from the IS

Sam

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
I'm 21 as of june.

my gf's 17!!!

anyways..my parents got the car..
i live at home cuz my school is real close ( 5 mins) and 9,000 a year for Dorm food and life it horrible!!!

i make some money right now, but im heavily involved with school and tennis..i used to do piano too, but all that together means NO social life, but i just cant do that ..

i make money here and there with lessons and stuff, but it isnt A WHOLE lot, jsut enough to go out and but parts here and there..

being asian does help though, i get LOTS o MULA every holiday, bday, or chinese holiday..

·
Registered
97 Posts
22 in Sept., going to grad school, and working to make car payments. I agree that the IS is over the top.....oh well, I'll worry about that later. That car is just too damn nice to pass up.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
wassup teens, im 18, gonna be 19 on sept 20.
keep it real...

p.s. this topic was already disccussed adn yes all the young drivers were also unecessarial bashed for driven the is so LAY OFF.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Just turned 22 on Friday the 10th!

I own my own Cellular phone business.. VERY tough business but every business is. Tryin to keep up the good work.. Anyways my IS is my reward.. I love my SBM/Black NO OTHER color combo for me.. just my taste though

·
Registered
524 Posts
Old...37 on the 14th.
The IS300 is pretty much my dream car!

I wanted one ever since I saw an Altezza in one of the import car magazines. I wished that they would bring it to the states...and now it's mine!!!

I'm not rich, but I've worked all my life and I think I deserve this reward.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Originally posted by mattssi:

Does anyone see my point or do you think it makes sense?
To attempt to answer the last two questions:

(1) Not Exactly.

(2) Not Precisely.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Uhh, California is not too much more expensive to live in, just the Bay Area. And besides that, the fact that they pay RIDICULOUS prices for everything from groceries to gas means the fact that they make more money doesn't mean much because they just spend it like the rest of us in buying the common stuff needed...I live in Sourthern California and most of the prices and wages and such here are equal or a little higher than the rest of the states, besides the rural states...

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm with you mjdart. I'm 42 (40 of those years in Ft. Lauderdale) with 2 boys, 7 and 4. I hope they do as well as some of the younger guys here!!!
Will be purchasing my IS next month (MSM).

·
Registered
138 Posts
22. Bought the car myself.
I also have a truck (for when I want to feel manly), an Integra, and 2 jet-skis.
It is sooooo cheap to live in South Dakota.
A 3000 sq. ft. house in a good neighborhood will cost you $80K. Last time I was in San Fran you couldn't get a crack house for that.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.