Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just waxed my car.. and its 5 months old... and i wash my car lik every week... my fren always say ill wash the color off of my car.. you can say they is ****ing with my.. but ya.. i was wonderng how often you should wax it...

·
Registered
110 Posts
If weather permits, I wax my car every weekend. I have been doing this for all of my car I had in the past...the more you do it, the easier it is to buff the wax off. Takes me about an hour to wash and wax.

·
Registered
376 Posts
as far as "taking the color off the car" that can happen, but only if you use a cleaner was. A cleaner wax takes thin coats of paint off, and you will notice that on your cloth after you start to remove the wax. If you use a normal wax, it won't hurt the car, feel free to do it as often as you want... The cleaner wax in my opinion should be done once a year, after the winter, ti get all the crap of the top layer of paint..

·
Useless
5,346 Posts
I wax a min of 4 times a year. I will do more, but it depends on the bead of water on the car, overal apperance after a bath, and stains from bug guts bird droppings, tree sap, etc. I use an orbital for applying the wax and then I hand buff it off with a soft cloth. A friend of mine that has a detail shop told me about using the orbital to apply the wax, I never need to use a cleaner wax then. This method has been working great for me for years. I only use Turtle wax Emerald series 100% pure Carnuba, Meguires Gold Class, or Mothers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts