Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was posting a question on repainting the inner light housing and this link was posted.....

Here is my response to that post...

baadhabit said:
i remember seeing someone whos done this before on a yellow car. wait found this.

http://www.is300.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=13313491
HOLY SH$T!!!!! This is my car! No not just the same color, but the same car!!!! Even the damage on the front bumper is the exact same.... I had to re-place the bolt that held the drivers side horn... its missing in the pics... The side markers are painted, like they were when I bought it. I just didn't get the CF hood...

This is a trip.... I PM'ed SoSolid_IS, just to find out, but THIS IS MY CAR, BEFORE I BOUGHT IT!

Funny thing is that I picked it up in Lafayette, LA from a wholesaler... The car was a repo...

Check this out....

His car, I had to replace my lights because the lights were not sealed good after they were repainted.... And my bumper damage is in the EXACT place, and the EXACT damage...

My car... still have the same damage, waiting on new bumper. I replaced the lights because the old ones leaked

How often does this happen?

I even threw away the cool grilles that were on the car...

Chris B. if you are out there please reply... I would like to know more about the car.

Chris Hill

· Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DonCorleone said:
it got repo'd :eek:
Yes. I picked it up from a wholesaler in Lafayette, LA. for cheap... dirt cheap. It wouldn't run. Missing the piggy back for the SRT. I have post documenting all this...

This is cool and wierd.

Notice no bumper holes in both pics... that's because the car originally came from Louisiana and they do not require a front plate...

The car was Financed through a bank in New Orleans... got repoed this year from an address in Frisco, Texas in April, I think. The wholesaler I bought it from got it at an auction in New Orleans. I suppose the car was brought back to the financing bank....

· Premium Member
14,088 Posts
what an interesting history, and here i was thinking it was cool that my cds got sent to another .net member on accident. i wonder if i run a vin check on my 2001 is300 that i totalled, what i would find...

· Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BugginOuT said:
Wouldn't all the history be in CarFax?
Carfax just says how many times it was registered, and where, as well as accidents and such....

Carfax was right... it had been wrecked and was titled in Friso TX...

IS300GTR said:
SoSolid used to be DTM's project lexus this is some freaky sh*t
I talked to the guys there are luckily they said the car was/should be in good shape... So far they are right... I just had to spend extra money fixing small problems.... Lights, SRT, etc...

kraze8 said:
how does it feel to find out your car was fondled by so many strangers? :eek:
It's definetly weird, but I think it's cool that I bought a car that was owned my a prominent .netter, and here I am a .netter. Seemingly after the same goal, to build a show car....

I think this car now has a strange karma... it must have meant to be...

And to add... we are both named Chris... :roll:

Just weird....

· Registered
15,541 Posts
sosolid was at the PHR meet last year... with no disrespect to him... he made the car look like a piece of shit.... Hopefully you put it all back together nicely.... good luck with it...

I have pics of it from the PHR meet, because I labeled it the ugliest IS ever... he even took the center caps off the lexus stock wheels...

Ill post them later

· Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
HoustonLex said:
sosolid was at the PHR meet last year... with no disrespect to him... he made the car look like a piece of sh*t.... Hopefully you put it all back together nicely.... good luck with it...

I have pics of it from the PHR meet, because I labeled it the ugliest IS ever... he even took the center caps off the lexus stock wheels...

Ill post them later
I know it looked bad... but he made it his own, and at 16 how much creativity can you come up with, budget wise.... You've seen what I am doing with it, much improvment...

http://www.is300.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=13365302

We need to have a Houston Meet...

Chris

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.