Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've washed mine once a week for the past year. Still looking as good as the day i first washed and detailed it within the first few weeks I had it, and better than most new cars coming off the lot. Use a soap that was meant for cars and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
I washed my DWP IS 2x a week and waxed every 2 weeks and thats why it remained so brand new looking. Washing your car often wont damage it, just dont you materials that CAN damage it.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Cruxader said:
i'd personally recommend zymol or meguiars gold class for both the wax and wash. Zymol Wax from walmart is cheap and works almost as well as the best wax on the market -> Zaino.
That Zymol wax at Walmart is referred to as Zurtle Wax. It is made by Turtle Wax and sold under the name of Zymol at Walmart. Almost every detailer will warn you against getting that product. The quality is as poor as Turtle Wax. So, unless you will use that product on your car, don't get that walmart brand Zymol. Here is an article on cleaning and waxing the car: http://www.carcareonline.com/viewarticle.aspx?art=5

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Cruxader said:
well i've never personally tried the Zurtle Wax from wal mart but heres where i learned about it, and the m3 guys seem to think its okay...

http://www.nsxsc.com/nsexcitement/waxtest.html

I've only used the Meguiars Gold Class and I think its good for the money.
I am not sure if you guys remember thewaxtest.com, but they rated it quite poorly. I think most everyone will agree that Zaino is the way to go for sythetic and P21S for Carnuba waxes. Zaino seems to be better on lighter colors, but a bit cloudy on darker colors which is where carnubas shine. I use P21S and my car shines! :)

·
Registered
408 Posts
I find that a once a week job works best for me......Just go to the do it yourself place and spend like three buck in quaters .....then every 3-4 months give it a nice wax jober and you should be good to go. :D

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
- wash my car every month or two... im lazy

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.