Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How often are you guys washing your cars this winter? I haven't washed mine all winter so far. I think that's finally going to change. This morning I got in my car and headed off to work... and I was shocked to realize I couldn't even see out the sides/back of my car! :shocked: I went to grab the door handle to open the door... and I felt all this powdery crap on my hands. Looks like I'm finally going to have to wash my car.

Are you guys washing your cars often?

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
since november Ive washed it once. Too scared to wash it because it might rain or snow the next day.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
haha Crester, that would be a good indication that your cars kinda dirty, lol
I wash my car about once a week. I take it to the coin wash about every Friday.
I tried the automated car washes last week and it sucked....the car was left dirty and so many parts where not even touched. So it's coin wash only for me :).

I hate driving a dirty car, even if it's just a lil bit dusty or water spotty, i'd still wash it. Sometimes i'd even wash it when it's slushy out and end up getting the car dirty again, lol. The joys of acute OCD :p
It gets even worse in the summer....but i have my own pressure washer so it's all good, haha

Reactions: LEXIGRL

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
Touchless car wash never got my car cleaned. I finally figured out I can use Optimum no rise car wash in my gf's apartment garage during the winter. I even claybar and waxed it last week. Sweet .....

·
Registered
28 Posts
wash mine twice a week...tho i must say the automated wash really kills the paint...but it's free so i do it anyway....lol!

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
haha If I have pocket change lying around I would take it to the coin wash.

DAMN U DEBIT CARD! =P

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
where?! I only kno of the one by queen and bramlea.

·
Registered
962 Posts
where?! I only kno of the one by queen and bramlea.
there's one on hwy 10 between bovaird and sandalwood.

It's actually pretty nice. 3 bucks is 4 mins.

2 things that set it apart from other coin ops is

1) it's got an air hose with an attachment so you can blow the water that gets stuck in the cracks like door handles, bumpers, trunk lid, etc.

2) inset in to the ground, centered in the wash bay is water jets that spray the underbody.

those 2 features alone make it worth it.

i'm pretty sure they take credit cards.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'd say I get mine washed once a month during the winter. I take it through one of the touchless places. It does a poor job but it's better than nothing. I had to make a trip to one of our branches yesterday and the car was disgusting afterwards. I put some gas in and ran it thru the wash. I wish I had a heated garage so I could use ONR.

I get the car fully detailed, and not at the dealers, in April.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Usually every Friday, because I can park it in the garage over the weekend. If the weather is good out side, twice a week, and I only use Sunoco touchless car washes during Winter. I have my own pressure washer for the hot weather.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
I usually wash it once every 7-10 days in the winter.

·
Premium Member
668 Posts
Usually every Friday, because I can park it in the garage over the weekend. If the weather is good out side, twice a week, and I only use Sunoco touchless car washes during Winter. I have my own pressure washer for the hot weather.
I also use the Sunoco touchless. I fill up with Ultra 94 and get their Ultimate wash @ $10.50. It's expensive but it does an amazing job on the obsidian even with caked on salt.

I keep a bottle of Poorboys wheel cleaner and spray it on just before the wash to help dissolve the brake dust and use a microfibre absorber to remove any remaining droplets that the blower doesn't get rid of. The blower actually does a good job if you patiently driver the car under it. My local wash has a countdown so you can pace yourself.

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
once a week at work!

Be sure for you guys going through those touchless that you immediately dry things off or get your car to a warm place. Even 15mm thick of water build-up somewhere critical on the car could cause you to damage something.

Or go through when it's above 0.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i wash my car every friday!... anyone in the markham area?... i usually go to the coin ops between mccowan and markham road off seven!.. saw a white 2008 335I twin turbo sedan in there with me tonight...*drools*

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
chucks. Just came back from that car wash at 10 and bovaird. That place is amazing. Nice open space and the Underbody wash works wonders.

Too bad my hands were frozen when it came time to use the air nozzle =P

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hmm... maybe I'll check out this super coin-op car wash in Brampton today. I need to wash my car. I was going to do it Friday evening... but I came home to take a nap and for some strange reason I slept for nearly 4 hours. I didn't think that washing my car in an isolated coin-op garage at midnight was such a good idea.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts