Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15,541 Posts
for all seriousness, find someone who is good with an airbrush. Let him/her touch it up. They will do it for pennies compared to what a bodyshop will charge to paint those panels.

It will look fine.... dealers use airbrush touchups all the time, and people never know...

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
goldznnz said:
Damn that looks painful

you gonna let your ins. cover the cost or r you gonna take the bite?

ins-go dealer

you-go to some korean shop (cheap) but a good temp fix

-peace
I'll do it.
I have funds left over.

I'll check it out at the shop tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
tcm looks kinda hard to match, my eyelids match good but in some light the dont match at all, it could be the fiberglass tho since paint looks different on diff surfaces

·
Not Officially Back
12,292 Posts
scottschoe said:
backed into something? is TCM really that hard for paintshops?
A shop here in ATL repainted my hood, front 1/4 panels on both sides, the front bumper, and the entire roof of my car TCM... they matched it perfectly. Said it was only slightly challenging for the paint man.

FYI total cost (covered by insurance) was $4200... BUT thats with two new sportdesign headlight assemblies @ $1118 EACH.

So to repaint bumper, 2 front 1/4 panels, hood, and roof was ~$1950... if you only have to do one 1.4 panel I'd imagine it would only be a couple hundred bucks at most.

·
8,852 Posts
You have $950 worth of damage.
Take your car to a body shop.
They will have to repaint alsmost the whole side of the car to have the color match.

An idiot scraped my right passenger door while pulling out from the driveway next to my not even 2 months old new IS. I had to get the whole side repainted. The damage was similar to yours.

·
Registered
34 Posts
First I'll try some medium grade rubbing compound to see how much of the scratches will come out. Then use the finer grade followed by a good polish and wax. You will probably be left with only the larger (darker in the photo) areas that need to be, as some one mention airbrush repaired. No insurance claims. :)

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
jesus, that brings back haunting memories. that is almost EXACTLY what i did just a couple months ago, however i cracked a bit of the tailight off also. Mine was about 1500 in dmgs from lexus. That looks like about 800 or so i'd guess. I feel you pain bro, no worries your car will be fixed and back to it's original state soon :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.