Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just curious as to how much warranty work you guys/ girls have had done on your cars.

I'll start:

O2 sensor
different O2 sensor
CD player
Clutch noise
A/C panel
Tranny is being rebuilt right NOW!!!- brand new one now

·
Registered
745 Posts
None for me. You have an '02? At what miles did each issue happen? What kind of issues have you had with the A/C panel?

Edit: Forgot I had a cracked key that was replaced.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
mines an 02 and I bought it at 38K mi and its at 48K mi now. The a/c panel and tranny noise was like that when I bought it. The CD player went bad somewhere in that 10K mi and the o2 sensor tripped the CEL. Lexus has been good about fixing it, the tranny and A/C were the hardest to get fixed because I've been in quite a few times so I guess they think I nag alot about little things. I educated myself on each issue and once they realized I wasn't a dumbass they got to work.

edit: The A/C panel had stress lines around the dials and above and below the clock that looked like hairline cracks.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
I've had quite a few things replaced under warranty over the years. My car is officially out of warranty now 50K miles, and I've owned it for 5 years. Here's my list:

*4 cd players
*1 set of headlights
*MAF sensor
*1 Ignition Coil #5 (cylinder misfire)
*Floor mats

*ECU upgrade thingie on the '01s...
*Free replacement tires as per letter in '01 (which was huge! I had 20K on those tires and they were bald like Shaq. Got brand new tires and sold 'em.)

EDIT: Car is at dealer today for a misfire CEL/Flashing TRAC light. Let's see how this goes. 4th time it has been in for this problem in the last month. Today I am driving an RX330. This RX is beat, at best. Coffee stains everywhere. Missing part on roof rack, etc....

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
2001, 5 years old, 47k miles.

cd player
trac/ecu update
underbody panel update
re040 reimbursement check
dash squeak and rear roof rattle

That's about it, nothing major.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
02 at 35,000 miles
AC panel
Center cosol the cheap plastic part

·
Registered
16 Posts
2 02 Sensors
2 CD players
1 Steerimg Wheel - the leather got discolored
2 Master Keys (both of them had cracks)

Lexus has been awesome about repairing stuff. All of the CD players and Keys have been replaced at my office within a week of filing a complaint.

What is the deal with the AC panel, i.e. where is it?? I hear a lot of people need it replaced.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Its a TSIB now. I have problems getting the work done because my vin shows no TSIB's listed under it so they are hesitant to do anything. I don't give them my vin anymore because its total BS to have 4 TSIB's repair and none show.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Major issues - None

Minor issue - Replace my trunk tensioner bars so it'll open with my ltuned spoiler(replace under warranty). Master Key Battery (replaced for free) .

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
off the top of my head;

cd ; for error 3/stuck cds - replaced

a/c plate ; laminate peeling - replaced

taking it in on tues for trac button no longer working and moonroof creaking

seatbelt receiver squeaking - wd40 to anchor bolt by myself

drivers window catching on autoup and rolling back down - unable to replicate, still happens sporadically

rear seltbelt guide clip broke - replaced under warranty

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
i've had my right rear sidemarker bulb replace LOL...thats about it

·
Registered
102 Posts
i'm working on getting 2 new tires waranteed...

car was sold with no spare and the dealer insisted i had run flats...found out later that day...they was wrong!

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
(2) O2 senors threw a CEL, had them both replaced under warranty. 1 when out about at 35K miles, other about 40K miles.

Other than that nothing else. I love this car....

-Yamaha Dave

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Ive had non but im only at 15K but ill be taking it in for the E-brake boot soon. When i pull the E brake up the back part pops out. Has anyone else had this problem?

1 - 20 of 94 Posts