Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my tein s tech's and this guy at the performance shop said 200 for the installation. Seems kinda steep....i'm not cheap or anything just wanna know if i'm getting ripped off or not thanks :roll:

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
thats not really that steep. Trust me, I had a hard time shopping around until I found a good price. Some places were charging me 400-500 for it!! I found one place to do it for 180. Go with the 200, unless there are cheaper places where you live? East coast is expensive.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
do you live in socal?

born and raised in camarillo,unfortunately i have the fortune of living in Baltimore Md right now...the east coast sucks as far as performance prices. Thanks anyways

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
I'm in Ohio and I am paying $40 / spring.... $160 total. Getting it done this Friday.

Speaking of lowering, with an alignment... I've heard people say to wait a couple weeks before getting an alignment done so the springs can settle. Comments on this?? Really worth it to wait, or not?

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
I got mine in last Thursday, I notice that the alignment is off a noticable amount. Im getting an alignment on Monday.

·
Registered
251 Posts
do it yourself and save the money!!

its not too hard, there are instructions on here. the first one might take hella long (it did for me). but after you figure out wut your doing, the rest is easy. its a good learning expierience, and you'll save the money.

if you need any tips, feel free to im or pm me.

good luck

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Whoa, it must be expensive to live over in the US, my lexus dealer offered me $175 to install include alignment...i got a shop to do it through my club discount and got it for $85 for install and alignment...

Matt 8)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts