Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know a good carrier (and cost) to ship a car from CA to the east coast?

·
Nygmatic
2,572 Posts
going to cost you about 900 bucks depending on carrier. or you could always get a one way ticket to the west and have a cool road trip on the way home :)

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I was thinking about that, but probably too many tickets on the way home :lol:

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Enclosed trailer will run $1500 each way. Regular non-enclosed trailer (the ones you see on the freeways all the time hauling cars) will run anywhere from $750-900 each way. If you want I'll find the carrier I used. Actually they are a broker only.

·
Registered
323 Posts
We rented an enclosed trailer from Las Vegas to Chicago and it was $1,200 with insurance included. West to East would cost around $1,500 to 1,600.

CS

·
Founder
8,520 Posts
DAS Auto Shippers: Around $850 to send my Sequoia from Carson Toyota to Ft Lauderdale, FL.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tha Reaper said:
its a $1.49 a mile to destination outside of the zone you live in

A 1.49 a mile. For me, the east coast is 3000 miles. So, what are the zones? 2000 miles would be $3000!!

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
4,114 Posts
Hey Greg...

Are you moving????

I paid around $800 in an enclosed Train Trailer Car... from Newark, NJ to Los Angeles.. It took two weeks, but it was enclosed the entire time...It was just a little dusty. No rain, no paint scratches, just a bent exhaust tip.. The company I used was "AutoLog"..

Joe Z

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Joe Z said:
Hey Greg...

Are you moving????

I paid around $800 in an enclosed Train Trailer Car... from Newark, NJ to Los Angeles.. It took two weeks, but it was enclosed the entire time...It was just a little dusty. No rain, no paint scratches, just a bent exhaust tip.. The company I used was "AutoLog"..

Joe Z

Nope, not moving. Thanks for the reference Joe.

·
Registered
29,484 Posts
It cost me $800 insured from Phoenix, AZ to Harrisburg, PA. That was my Camry. Should be the same for an IS though. Took about a week. I will look them up when I get home.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Enclosed trailer will run $1500 each way. Regular non-enclosed trailer (the ones you see on the freeways all the time hauling cars) will run anywhere from $750-900 each way. If you want I'll find the carrier I used. Actually they are a broker only.
to ship car from Ashburn VA to sacramento, ca

1 - 15 of 15 Posts