Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my new wheels are 19x8 with a 40 offset. tires are 225/35/19 all the way around lowered on S-techs. the wheels arent installed yet .

i saw the stickie on the "how-To" but im not too sure how much i should shave off the rear. i know it says dont go past the spot welds. but do i need to go that far with my wheel/tire setup?

what about the front fenders? will i have to mod them at all? and if so...how?

·
Premium Member
21,418 Posts
You shouldnt have to shave anything off.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Install the wheels/tires and see.
You might be alright because your running 225's.
It also matters on your alignment (camber).

·
Registered
960 Posts
Should be good with 225s. I shaved mine a good amount but had 255s :p

post pictures!!

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i wont be home for another 2 weeks (deployed to afghanistan)

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You'll be fine. Close (depending on camber), but fine.

well it has the typical neg camber associated with s-tech springs wich isnt bad at all.

i have 215/45/17's on my stock wheels with 5mm spacers in the rear to fill the fender well a little more and it doesnt rub at all....

really hoping i dont have to shave the fenders for the 19's

·
Registered
796 Posts
I have the same springs with 19x8 225/35/19 and the rear has some minor uneven rubbing from the size and camber which is no more from minor rear shave so you should be fine with what you're doing. You dont need to go to the weld.

The fronts should be fine as mine are.

Also good luck over seas and thanks, will support you.

Reactions: jaidedeye

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have the same springs with 19x8 225/35/19 and the rear has some minor uneven rubbing from the size and camber which is no more from minor rear shave so you should be fine with what you're doing. You dont need to go to the weld.

The fronts should be fine as mine are.

Also good luck over seas and thanks, will support you.
thanks for the info..+rep....

what is the offset on your wheels?

post up some pics.....:)

·
Registered
7,236 Posts
you can always just do a roll and be fine with your specs... no need to shave unless you want to go "meaty" in the rear

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
you can always just do a roll and be fine with your specs... no need to shave unless you want to go "meaty" in the rear
well i can shave them myself, rolling the fenders requires me to take it somewhere...and yes, eventually i plan on going wider in the back

·
Registered
124 Posts
i also have stechs and rolling on 265s in the rear, since i shaved the rear i can go even wider like 305s or something.. any how with the 265s i could of been fine without the shave. It also helps on offset im rolling on +55

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
just an update i installed my 19's with a 40 offset with 225/35/19 tires and i didnt have to shave the fenders at all with s-tech's.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts