Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Its not how much power "gained", but think of it as power "not lost" keeping temperatures under the hood lower especially from your intake brings in cooler air into your engine which should have more oxygen which will in turn make more hp.

I'm sure some of the other members can explain it better but thats the short and sweet version.

You won't feel it during everyday driving but it should help autrocrossing or on track days after repeated runs.

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
you wont gain any noticeable hp but itll make you feel better once you have it because you will know that your engine bay isnt as hot as it was before

·
Registered
845 Posts
About as much HP as adding a carbon fiber hood. Blah.....

-Yamaha Dave

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
6,620 Posts

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
It wont make any difference, onyl if you have a open element intake with no heat shield llike AEM and K&N, all enclosed element intakes and other open element with heatshild i snto going to amke a differnece, is not going gain any power by any chance but it will keep the oxygen the car needs cooler which makes the engine better...its like would you prefer breath cold air or hot air into your nose? get it? i would prefer to spend that money on get rid of some of your weight so that your car will weight less therefore it will go faster... :lol:

Matt :D

·
Nygmatic
2,572 Posts
LOL this is ridiculous, i usually stay away from odd questions like these, but after 15 replies i had to check it out! LOL

damn edgy, i only have version 2.5 i wish i had your 3.4 version... maybe i should call up mike to have him send me a new one! :crazy:

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
This is like a ignorant jackass festival... :roll:

·
Nygmatic
2,572 Posts
IS Pilot said:
This is like a ignorant jackass festival... :roll:
you say that now... but "JACKASS" became a multimillion dollar franchise. maybe we can make a movie out of this! LOL

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.