Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 is 5 speed with a srt intake and hi-power exhaust both brand new. The hiper seems a little loud when its a hot day90+ and I dont know if its because the car seems to rev lazy in high heat or what the deal is, but anyway I was looking to max out n/a mods and was either going to add a toyomoto gen 2.5 header or obx header but leave the factory y/b-pipes to leave some back pressure and minimize sound. I have read many threads stating that the addition of a header made their exhaust louder but im looking for a lil more info.
How much louder? and what kind of noise will it produce, a low growl like that of the muffler or a high raspy sound. also how does it change with the revs climbing? Any help or anyone running this system would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
I have that exact set up...the hiper alone doesnt really sound loud at all. After you install the header...it will get a little louder but, still on the soft side. Once you remove the resonator or ypipe...it get a lot louder.

·
Hello World
3,733 Posts
Yeah. Once replacing with an aftermarket y-pipe, the sound is very noticeable. Onyxaltezza has the setup without a header -Megan racepipe and HKS Carbon-Ti exhaust- and when I heard his car, it was very very loud :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts