Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pick my MSM IS in a couple of weeks, can anyone tell me about how much more I can expect to pay for insurance. I know it depends on location, record, and so on. But, has anyone had thier insurance go though the roof? I'm sure it's comparible to others in its class, but I don't know what thier runnin these days either.

I've never owned a car like this before, so just kinda woundering what to expect. It wont effect my purchase....NO WAY...I can't wait. Just courious, thats all.

------------------
If you can leave black marks from the exit point of one turn, to the breaking point of the next, then, and only then do you have enough horsepower.

·
Registered
537 Posts
About $450 per 6 months from American Family. Full coverage. But then again, AmFam does all my stuff: 2 cars, house, cycle, snowmobiles, etc. I guess that volume discount must be paying off!

------------------
2001 IS300
Spectra Blue Mica/Ivory
LS, LD, HH, SR, 17" wheels
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
4.7L, QuadraDrive, UpCountry
Patriot Blue, Fully loaded

·
Registered
195 Posts
I pay $615/6 months with AIS (www.aisinsurance.com). This is FULL coverage, single male (26), single car. You should give them a call...especially in California. No body has been able to beat them for as long as I've been driving.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Not for nothing, but these numbers are meaningless- it all depends on
1) state
2) age
3) level of coverage
4) driving record
5) multi-car/policy discount.

So, to compare a guy who lives in MN with a guy who lives in NJ, NY or CA is pointless IMO.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Then I guess the best way of comparing (for me) is to tell you what car I had before and its rate...

I had a 1998 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 2WD, and that was about $480/6 months. My IS is $615/6 months. Everything else (coverage, driving status) is exactly the same. Keep in mind, truck insurance is generally higher than cars. My Civic before the truck was around $360/6 months.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I pay $345/6 mos. I have 2 other cars on my policy right now.

I'm married, 31, homeowner, good credit and one speeding ticket 3 yrs ago (75 in a 55).

Credit actually makes a significant difference, cuz when a few blemishes were cleared up on my credit reports prior to purchasing my current house, my car insurance rates dropped almost 35%.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
8 Participants
CiscoGuy
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing