Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pick my MSM IS in a couple of weeks, can anyone tell me about how much more I can expect to pay for insurance. I know it depends on location, record, and so on. But, has anyone had thier insurance go though the roof? I'm sure it's comparible to others in its class, but I don't know what thier runnin these days either.

I've never owned a car like this before, so just kinda woundering what to expect. It wont effect my purchase....NO WAY...I can't wait. Just courious, thats all.

------------------
If you can leave black marks from the exit point of one turn, to the breaking point of the next, then, and only then do you have enough horsepower.

·
Registered
537 Posts
About $450 per 6 months from American Family. Full coverage. But then again, AmFam does all my stuff: 2 cars, house, cycle, snowmobiles, etc. I guess that volume discount must be paying off!

------------------
2001 IS300
Spectra Blue Mica/Ivory
LS, LD, HH, SR, 17" wheels
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
4.7L, QuadraDrive, UpCountry
Patriot Blue, Fully loaded

·
Registered
287 Posts
Not for nothing, but these numbers are meaningless- it all depends on
1) state
2) age
3) level of coverage
4) driving record
5) multi-car/policy discount.

So, to compare a guy who lives in MN with a guy who lives in NJ, NY or CA is pointless IMO.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Then I guess the best way of comparing (for me) is to tell you what car I had before and its rate...

I had a 1998 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 2WD, and that was about $480/6 months. My IS is $615/6 months. Everything else (coverage, driving status) is exactly the same. Keep in mind, truck insurance is generally higher than cars. My Civic before the truck was around $360/6 months.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I pay $345/6 mos. I have 2 other cars on my policy right now.

I'm married, 31, homeowner, good credit and one speeding ticket 3 yrs ago (75 in a 55).

Credit actually makes a significant difference, cuz when a few blemishes were cleared up on my credit reports prior to purchasing my current house, my car insurance rates dropped almost 35%.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts