Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18,519 Posts
the only TRUE tune of the s-afc on an IS300 is Toyomoto...really not sure if anyone else really knows exactly what they are doing....they used to show it on their website too........Josh, Jeff's dyno he got was truly amazing on an automatic, 212 rwhp if I remember correctly?

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LexIS307 said:
the unit is anywhere around 300, the tune might be 2 hours, most tuners are 60-80Hr.....good luck
well i have the unit so all i need is the install and tuning.

Marc, its not a turbo, im sure there are other people who can tune it. Maybe not with such great results but good none the less.

·
Registered
18,519 Posts
BUTRBALL12 said:
LexIS307 said:
the unit is anywhere around 300, the tune might be 2 hours, most tuners are 60-80Hr.....good luck
well i have the unit so all i need is the install and tuning.

Marc, its not a turbo, im sure there are other people who can tune it. Maybe not with such great results but good none the less.
I know Dave..all I meant was I was amazed at the amount of power that toyomoto got when they tuned the s-afc on an automatic with just headers/exhaust and stock intake and it pulled 212 rwhp...I know other people are kind of sketchy on it, including Mike @spi....Raf got 205rwhp with his xerd headers/racepipe/injen intake/hks draggerII exhaust...and Jon got 199 rwhp at SPI with xerd headers/racepipe/intake/pro-1 exhaust...

I guess it all depends who can do it right for you....results will vary.... :wink:

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i was going to do it at SPI but now that you told me that im kind of dissapointed. I wanted to break 200rwhp. OPDAWG3 said he gained 20rwhp with just the injen, AFC, anf a greddy evo! I might take a trip down to toyomoto with carlos in the summer anyway so if anything ill wait and get it done there :p how much do you think it would cost? :-?

·
Registered
18,519 Posts
BUTRBALL12 said:
i was going to do it at SPI but now that you told me that im kind of dissapointed. I wanted to break 200rwhp. OPDAWG3 said he gained 20rwhp with just the injen, AFC, anf a greddy evo! I might take a trip down to toyomoto with carlos in the summer anyway so if anything ill wait and get it done there :p how much do you think it would cost? :-?
well I only say that cuz the numbers SPI tuned to were disapointing to me as well.....when I found out what toyomoto tuned with just bolt on mods I was very impressed

not sure....talk to lexis307, he would know and could tell you how much he and this other guy Jeff I met down in FL who has it on an automatic.... :wink:

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
tsopranoMB said:
BUTRBALL12 said:
well I only say that cuz the numbers SPI tuned to were disapointing to me as well.....when I found out what toyomoto tuned with just bolt on mods I was very impressed

not sure....talk to lexis307, he would know and could tell you how much he and this other guy Jeff I met down in FL who has it on an automatic.... :wink:
will do sir.............this guy Jeff, whats his name on .net??

·
Registered
37 Posts
dyno numbers

guys you all need to realize every dyno is different and comparing 2 dyno sheets from different dynos means very little. Don't get me wrong toyomoto is the best, i agree, but i run a dyno and trust me it is not un-common to be 10-15 hp in variance. ET's are results, dyno sheets are just numbers.

·
Registered
18,519 Posts
Re: dyno numbers

codymac said:
guys you all need to realize every dyno is different and comparing 2 dyno sheets from different dynos means very little. Don't get me wrong toyomoto is the best, i agree, but i run a dyno and trust me it is not un-common to be 10-15 hp in variance. ET's are results, dyno sheets are just numbers.
all I said was that Toyomoto was the FIRST to TUNE the s-afc on an IS300 and with the most gains as they were the FIRST to do that....its not as easy to just adjusting the numbers and tune it as some may think just because they know how to hook it up.....

maybe you know what your doing?? :-?

·
Registered
588 Posts
what kind of number are SPI coming out with

becuase i live in NJ and am not far from them

i was going to go strait there as soon as i get my car out of the bodyshop.

but now i have a concern about not getting a high gain.

i just would like to know some of the results they had

thanx

·
Registered
18,519 Posts
lexus84 said:
what kind of number are SPI coming out with

becuase i live in NJ and am not far from them

i was going to go strait there as soon as i get my car out of the bodyshop.

but now i have a concern about not getting a high gain.

i just would like to know some of the results they had

thanx
what mods do you have/plan on doing?

check this video out by aznxdragon30, I filmed of his car on the dyno at SPI back in december...

here is a video of his car with the HKS Dragger II/Xerd Race Pipe/ Xerd Headers/ Stock B-pipe/ Injen Intake

http://www.nj.devry.edu/~rfong/is300/RAFAELdyno.mov-link.mov

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.