Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no cats, L-tuned exhaust, and HP header. Mike from PLP said that with these extra's the Vortech Supercharger can gain extra horsepower by fine tuning on a dyno. How much can really be gained and is it worth the cost and driving time to do it?
Thanks

·
Nygmatic
2,683 Posts
yes every car is different out of the factory. the black box/ecu/brain that comes with most f/i kits are just a generalization with mostly stock "other" components to keep the most conservative a/r ratio possible.

my car gained h/p from dyno tuning, you can look at my graphs i posted in this forum. where some people are richening their mixtures, there are points where im leaning my car out 12% to net the most h/p and cleanest curve.

also cam timing can be adjusted with an exhaust cam gear, or if you have the right connections you can have your intake cam adjusted as well through the ECU. if you look at my graph and there is the dip in there, that can be adjusted by delaying the onset of VVT-i but that needs to be adjusted through the brain.

in short... yes get your car tuned if you want to get the most out of what you paid for.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts