Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.
This is a great site to kill time at work. Time flys by quickly reading all the posts in this site. Sometimes, I get a kick out of it when people are arguing, the kill storys were awesome, the mods are crazy. Wish I have a story of my own to share.. but it is temporary place on hold.

My IS dream has been shatter when they decided to put a freeze on my upcoming position which I was told I gotten. That extra few dollars an hour and more hours should help me quite a bit on more down payments and less monthly payments.

Anywayz, I was curious how much everyone put down on their IS/ how much is their montly payments and how much they pay out the door. I want to get an idea for what I will be expecting in the upcoming months if this job goes through. For now, I will not be able to afford it. I guess I will have to wait till the next generation to come out.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Re: How much down / monthly payments and how much $$$ for I

kqt2ktval said:
how much everyone put down on their IS
I'm going to say as much as you possibly can - it lowers your car payment.

kqt2ktval said:
how much is their montly payments
Depends on how much you get the car for, how much you put down, how long you finance and what rate you finance at. So, to it depends.

kqt2ktval said:
how much they pay out the door
Depends on the dealer and the demand in your area. Depends on how you negociate and if you believe the dealer. It depends on you and where you shop at.

We also have a "Dealer and Pricing" forum that shows what people paid for their car and where they got it - http://www.is300.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=15&sid=8c865489c5abaa204dd023931550e89e

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I live in the Bay Area, it should be a bit more expensive then other parts of the state. Anybody can recommend good Lexus dealers in Bay Area with decent prices with good bargaining power. Every penny counts. I am no good in math, never bought a car myself, drives a second hand car past down by my bro. I won't be doing the negotiation with the dealer. bro will do that for me I want to put maybe $15,000-17,000 down. finanace 3 years, 5 years how much monthly?

·
Registered
8,895 Posts
there are numorous thread started already that listed what people put down, what their interest rates are, and what their monthly payments were.

try searching for that thread in the search function.

Considering the prices are lower for the '02 - up models.. sometimes I feel like I got ripped off for the price I paid. :lol:

car was @ 34,900/ tax, license
put down $15,000
interest 6.75% <---damn I better refinance this car.
my monthly is @ $383.00

bought 2 years ago.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
kraze8 said:
there are numorous thread started already that listed what people put down, what their interest rates are, and what their monthly payments were.

try searching for that thread in the search function.

Considering the prices are lower for the '02 - up models.. sometimes I feel like I got ripped off for the price I paid. :lol:

car was @ 34,900/ tax, license
put down $15,000
interest 6.75% <---damn I better refinance this car.
my monthly is @ $383.00

bought 2 years ago.

http://www.is300.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13336661

·
Registered
15,585 Posts
general rule for fiancing... if your spreading the payments over 60 months.... for every 5 grand you finance, its 100 bucks a month in payments...

so 15k over 5 years would be approx. 300 bucks per month

·
Registered
32 Posts
dude, why don't ya use the payment calculator at Lexus.com
not that you need it, but it is a tool you have at your disposal.
simple math.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
I put down $0, payments are $587.83 a month, financed 31,830.00 out the door.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
I got mine from Lexus of Glendale and payed 850 tax/registration and other crap for 3 years and I am paying 470 a month. This is for 03' 5 speed with all the godies but navigation for a lease.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts