Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im just about to order my fiberglass Wald replica kit from a distributer up here in MD wich i got a great deal on by the thanks to my dad being a car dealer i get the wholesale price $300 not to bad but this is my first kit and idk what really to pay for install i would like it to be around $500 but again i would just like to kow what some of you guys have to say thanks...

·
Registered
15,872 Posts
mine would have been around $1500 if I didnt know my paint guy, but the fit on the JDMEyes replica kit was HORRIBLE...just fro a front lip (as long as it fits) I would say $300-$400 range

·
Registered
174 Posts
i got an estimate for the lip kit paint cost around 220... install only around 40... its from A&L autobody in chicago and aparently i heard some great reviews from ppl in this forum as well as some guys i've met who went there.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys anyone else....

·
Registered
514 Posts
its costing me less then 100 bucks to get everything painted. but then again i know the guy doing it personal so i guess thats why i am getting a very nice price!

·
Registered
139 Posts
I had the kaminari lip kit got it painted for around 500 being it was made of poly more material was needed to get the paint to stick.. and the fitment was great... you can do it yourself if you know how to screw it in.. :)

·
Registered
7,386 Posts
I've had quotes from $1600 to over $3000 from 5 different body shops here in San Diego. Of course my kit is front bumper, sides, rear lip, front fenders and all the matching involved (front doors, hood and A pillars)...whew! it's expensive modding cars....

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
anybody in the MD area that can hook me up?

·
Registered
796 Posts
I paid around 2gs for my work but I had the kit installed, molded then painted and of coarse had to have the paint job smooth with a blend to match the rest of the car then finish with a full coat of clear.

So the job really depends on what you want from just paint the kit and install leaving the gaps or having the kit fully molded which leads to more paint, prep and costs.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I paid $800 to have my wald front and sides ; and ltuned rear painted and put on. The work consisted of sanding down the front lip for a much better fit , reinforcing and beefing the sides with added fiberglass , and custom modification for the replica ltune to fit. The paint and clearcoat was let alone $250 or so , wasn't that bad of a deal as the guy who did it for me happens to be someone I know. Hope that helps

1 - 13 of 13 Posts