Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,
i don't post much on the site (this is only my 2nd post), and haven't done any mods yet. But, I am looking forward to doing something that will look good and also help the car in terms of performance.
anyways....I was wondering if anyone knows how much a cf hood weighs, and how much the stock hood weighs, so that I can get an idea of how much weight i can save from the heavier nose of the IS.
i tried searching for the information already, but couldn't find the information.

thanx again for ur help! :D

shawn

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
There was a post on here last night about CF/Kevlar hoods with pics. I think the weights range from around 8 to 12 pounds. I think the CF/Kevlars were the lightest.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guy, appreciate it!

can one of u guys teach me how to use the search button than
cuz obviously the info is there, i just cant' find it using the search link

thanks
shawn

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
It helps to specify the thread where you think the info is. Also put your search words in and check the "all words" box.

You'll still get bad searches. I used "CF Hood" and nothing came up. Then when I used "Carbon Fiber Hood" I got a whole bunch of threads. Then you have go just kinda sort through the junk to find what you want. In this case I aleady knew what thread to search for. Searching is a trial and error, hit and miss deal.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanx bartkat for ur responses...u've been a great help!!!! :D

ionperformance, if you could please pm me with the prices for both types of hoods that you produce, it would be greatly appreciated.

i have a millenium silver IS

1 - 8 of 8 Posts